Hospital Director of Nursing Education
Company: Natividad Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position DescriptionPriority Screening Date: Friday, October 16,
2020 at 11:59 pm for guaranteed review. Applications received after
this date will reviewed, as needed until the position is filled.
Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may also be used
to fill future temporary or permanent vacancies as they arise.
(Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) Exam#20/14M31/09CRNatividad
currently looking to fill full time, permanent Hospital Director of
Nursing Education in the Nursing Education Department. This
incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and
evaluating the educational needs and activities for a collective
multidisciplinary group of medical professionals and community
members. This position required one to analyze data from different
collection points and coordinate educational activities to improve
patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.Examples of
- Develops, maintains and monitors operating and capital budgets,
budget preparation, and short/long range planning for the Education
Department to include management of the Education Foundation
- Provides leadership in the development, revision and
implementation of policies, procedures, standards of care,
practice, goals and objectives for the Education Department.
- Identifies learning needs, oversees the orientation and
training of personnel, and coordinates the training of students on
the patient care units and in clinics.
- Provides in-house education to hospital staff; acts as a
consultant to department managers on required competencies related
to caring for patients and regulatory requirements. Develops an RN
Annual Review to meet regulatory educational requirements.
- Directs community education for targeted populations (e.g.,
Compassionate Care Alliance, Monterey Bay Geriatric Resource
Center). Provides continuing education units CEU's for these
- Participates in Quality Management and Performance Improvement
activities; Identifies patients care, system and/or process issues
and trends; Assists with data collection as it relates to CALNOC
reporting on Pressure Ulcers, Falls, Restraints and Medication
- In coordination with Advanced Trauma Life Support Physician
Program Director/Instructor, provides the ATLS courses at
Natividad. This course is open to physicians throughout the United
- Coordinates the RN Residency Program, to include first work
experiences for new graduates in a classroom and acute care
setting.Examples of Experience/Education/TrainingMINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Licensure: Possession of a valid California
Registered Nurse (RN) licenseANDEducation: A Bachelors of Science
in Nursing BSN and a Masters Degree in Nursing, Health Care
Administration or related field and/or graduation from an advanced
practice program (such as Nurse Practitioner),
preferredANDExperience: Five to ten years of experience in nursing,
including clinical and supervisory experience, management and
advanced nursing practice, professional education program
development and quality improvement activities, or some equivalent
combination of training and experience, preferredTHE IDEAL
CANDIDATEWill have proven track record demonstrating the
following:Thorough Knowledge of:
- Advanced theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and
procedures used in professional nursing and healthcare.
- Federal, State, Local laws & regulations & TJC standards that
govern the nursing practice & delivery of health care.
- Budget development and cost control methods applicable to
health care systems operations.
- Health care systems operations and administration, including
management, planning and delivery of services.
- Design of performance-based programs ensuring acquisition of
content and transfer of learning to the work environment to support
patient-centered care. (Program development, implementation,
modification and evaluation)Working Knowledge of:
- Proficient computer skills to support project management, and
- Principles of supervision, training, directing and evaluating
subordinates.Skill and Ability to:
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and
- Implement the principles of leadership and management.
- Effectively direct, plan develop and implement professional
education systems and programs for a large health care system.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of
- Provide excellent customer service, establish, and maintain an
effective working relationship.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other
- Mentor staff, both direct subordinates and others.
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing
specialization.Additional InformationThe County of Monterey offers
an excellent benefits package, see the X-Unit Benefit Summary Sheet
- Incumbents will be required to possess a valid license to
practice as a Registered Nurse by the California Board of
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference
check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related
duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security
Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the
first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including
weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and
infectious substances.REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING
PROCESSThe screening process is tentative. Should a change be made,
applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:1.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and
responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are required. Please
submit on-line applications at: www.natividad.com. All licenses
will be verified via primary source so please ensure that the name
on your application is either the same name that is on your license
or that you have indicated the name you are licensed under on your
application. The required resume may be attached to the online
application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com and
will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required
application materials. For more information or to receive
employment application materials contact the Natividad Human
Resources Office at (831) 783-2707. Office hours are Monday-Friday,
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed
application materials will be competitively evaluated. The
best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in
the process.3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess
applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may
include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam,
or physical ability exam.4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in
the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible
list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list
will be used to fill current and future permanent & temporary
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test
accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad
at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation
verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary
position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible
for the benefits listed above.
Keywords: Natividad Medical Center, Salinas , Hospital Director of Nursing Education, Education / Teaching , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!