Cannery Mechanic Class A
Company: The Neil Jones Food Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Neil Jones Food Company is looking for an
Cannery Mechanic Class A at our San Benito Foods facility in
Hollister, CA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior
quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific
Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC
has been providing our nation's discerning foodservice, retail,
industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned
and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three
production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San
Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Maintains and repairs industrial production equipment in
all areas of tomato cannery, requiring extensive knowledge of
monitoring, maintaining, repairing and replacing cannery equipment
used for food manufacturing to ensure a consistent and reliable
production process. Key Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance, calibration
and testing of industrial tomato cannery equipment.
- Independently troubleshoots and diagnoses problems, and
performs major and minor repairs to equipment.
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable
material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Disassembles, reassembles, repairs, constructs, overhauls,
maintains, and installs all types of new and existing cannery
equipment and conveying, hydraulic and air systems.
- Performs installation, start up and shut down of equipment in
accordance with company safety procedures. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or vocational certification as industrial
mechanical engineering or related field preferred; or any
equivalent combination of education, experience, certification, and
training that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the
key responsibilities of the position.
- 3 years' experience as journey level industrial mechanical
engineering technician, preferably in a food manufacturing
- 2 years' welding experience; fabrication skills preferred.
- Demonstrated oral and written English communication skills;
bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test, work extended
hours, weekends, and any assigned shifts during the canning packing
season (typically July to early November). Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) with a company match
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Numerous other voluntary products available Applicants have
rights under Federal Employment LawsFamily and Medical Leave Act
(FMLA)Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)Employee Polygraph
Protection Act (EPPA) The Neil Jones Food Company participates in
E-VerifyE-Verify ParticipationIf You Have the Right to Work, Don't
Let Anyone Take It Away We are an Equal Opportunity and Fair Chance
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic
information, military or veteran status, and other protected status
under applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: The Neil Jones Food Company, Salinas , Cannery Mechanic Class A, Engineering , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!