Chief Financial Officer
Company: SEABREEZE HARVESTING
Posted on: April 5, 2021
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - OCEAN MIST FARMS, CASTROVILLE, CA
January 20, 2021 The Chief Financial Officer serves as a member of
the Senior Management Team and is responsible for leading the
finance, accounting, and information technology functions of the
corporation and its subsidiaries. This position will drive the
metrics, processes and forecasting to support our growth and
decision making while ensuring our financial health.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire range of financial activity for
Ocean Mist Farms and subsidiary entities, including purchasing and
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial
reports, and other key operational data based on past, present and
expected operations to the President/CEO and Senior Management
- Analyze and study general economic outlook, business and
financial conditions and their impact on the company's policies and
operations; strategize and respond to fluctuating trends.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop and implement tax strategies, planning, and compliance
for all federal, state, and local taxes.
- Act as an adviser to the Board of Directors and Audit and
Finance Committee on financial, tax, treasury, and regulatory
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and
initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash investment
opportunities while balancing owners risk tolerances.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting
mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization to comply with GAAP and seek
opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to
improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of the business and
- Oversee budget activities, including continual evaluation and
optimization of the budgeting planning and month-end close process,
striving to deliver process automation, timeliness and accuracy,
and high customer service.
- Champions data and information management initiatives to ensure
accurate information and ease of access to assist in management
decision making, including the integration of appropriate desired
technologies and improvement in the employee experience.
- Advise on matters of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or
mergers, pension funds and growth opportunities with
- Provide effective leadership to the Accounting and Finance, IT
and Purchasing teams.
- Manage and oversee relationships with independent auditors,
bankers, attorneys, and other advisors.
- Chair the 401K Trustee Committee and lead the effort with our
401K administrator and 3(21) Investment Advisory Group.
- Effectively manage all aspects of our organization's risk
management program and continuously assess mitigation efforts so
that the company has the best strategic, financial, and operational
response to any type of loss.
- Review terms and conditions in contracts and negotiate
agreements between the company/vendors/customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and--Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related
field required. Master's degree in Business Administration,
Accounting or Finance highly preferred with 15+ years in a
senior-level financial leadership position preferably in an
- Strong Accounting background, Certified Public Accountant
- Proven experience improving operating margins, implementing
cost reduction strategies, developing key business indicators,
negotiating contracts, and reducing risk exposure for a mid-size
organization with multiple subsidiaries.
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles,
information systems and security controls, credit analysis, and
- Display a high degree of competency and integrity by assuming
responsibility for a number of important financial decisions.
- Possess strong strategic agility, critical thinking,
problem-solving, analytical skills, and meticulous attention to
- Excellent leadership skills necessary to advance employee
engagement and continually develop a high performing team.
- Proven ability to implement and effectively utilize technology
in order to streamline processes, improve efficiencies and increase
- High comfort level with ERP systems, analytical applications,
and MS Excel. Experience with Famous is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the
ability to work effectively with multiple groups and teams across
Keywords: SEABREEZE HARVESTING, Salinas , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Castroville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!