Group Retail Assistant Manager
Company: Pebble Beach
Location: Pacific Grove
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Background: For over a century, friends
and family, celebrities and athletes, world travelers and locals
alike, have flocked to Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of
California's Monterey Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are
proud to share. Pebble Beach Company, located in Pebble Beach,
California, owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach
Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish
Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach. The company also operates
five renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill
Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay, Del Monte Golf Course and
The Hay. Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive,
The Spa at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice
Facility and Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts
premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance,
AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational,
Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting
The First Tee.Job Summary: Oversees all aspects of the Group Retail
business with an objective to meet or exceed budgeted revenues and
COS for Group Merchandise. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assign business/group assignments to sales coordinators.
- Manage Group Retail's P&L monthly.
- Oversee the fulfillment of all resort wide amenities, group
gifts programs and uniforms for non-retail staff while ensuring
packaging meets company standards.
- Work closely with Sales, Group Reservations, and Conference
Services to ensure sales efforts are maximized to all in-house
- Identify and pursue clients for future events – Concours,
AT&T, US Open, PURE Insurance Championship & PBFW.
- Responsible for the development of new marketing techniques and
sourcing of new/innovative products and Merchandise.
- Ensure all shipments are accepted, logged, and communicated to
assigned sales coordinators upon arrival.
- Maintain, track, fill and ensure accurate billing and
collection of orders including wholesale with Director's
- Responsible for processing, organizing, and tracking all
required paperwork for damaged merchandise, return to vendors
(RTVs), invoices, orders, price changes, delivery manifests,
transfers, merchandise requisitions, embroidery production and
others as necessary
- Ensure timely ordering, receiving, packaging and delivery of
all group orders.
- Process all sales, inventory and required personnel paperwork
on a timely basis.
- Maintain complete filing system of client orders and
- Assist in performing cycle counts/inventory.
- Adhere to company safety and health standards.
- Supervise the Group Sales Coordinator and Specialty Merchandise
- Other duties as assigned by manager. Required Skills:
- 3+ years' work experience with purchasing, contract
negotiation, conference planning or selling.
- Retail math acumen, including markup, markdown, gross margin,
OTB, inventory productivity measures.
- Meticulous attention to detail, good organizational and time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Delphi, NeXT and RAS .
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation
- Ability to develop/maintain strong relationships and
cross-functional efforts across all levels of the
- Valid California driver's license. Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Prior experience working in Corporate Retail setting. Why work
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state of the art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your family's health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you don't golf, you'll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health
and safety of our team and guests is our number one priority. All
employees may be required to submit to a temperature test and
health survey process daily, prior to the beginning of their
shifts. Employees agree to complete a comprehensive training
program that outlines new standards on COVID-19 safety and
sanitization protocols before the beginning of the employee's first
scheduled shift. Employees must commit to wearing their required
departmental Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during their
shifts and to adhere to social distancing protocols, as well as all
PBC health and sanitation guidelines.We are proud to be an EEO/AA
employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Pebble Beach, Salinas , Group Retail Assistant Manager, Executive , Pacific Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!