VP Corporate Controller
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Teknova is expediting clinical breakthroughs in life sciences by
providing custom products and reagents for drug therapies, novel
vaccines, and molecular diagnostics. Teknova's proprietary
processes enable the manufacture and delivery of high-quality,
custom, made-to-order products with short turnaround times and at
scale across all stages of development, including
commercialization.Teknova is seeking a VP, Corporate Controller to
scale and mature its accounting team, systems, and processes to
prepare for continued growth. Reporting to the CFO, the VP,
Corporate Controller will play a critical role in the success of
the company and will be responsible for building and managing
accounting, audit, payroll, cost accounting, SEC reporting &
technical accounting, SOX 404 compliance, and risk management.The
ideal person has an expertise in accounting and finance, leadership
skills, attention to detail, the ability to develop reliable
systems and processes, and overall accountability in a fast-paced
environment.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all accounting functions including monthly financial
close process, external reporting, revenue recognition, fixed
assets, payroll, technical accounting, internal controls, financial
systems, stock-based compensation, inventory and taxation.
- Review month-end closing of company financial statements
ensuring books are closed in a timely manner and in accordance with
- Oversee implementation of new U.S. GAAP accounting
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the
financial results in accordance with the U.S. GAAP and SEC
- Oversee implementation of SOX compliance project and thereafter
ensure key controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package,
including income statement and balance sheet analyses and various
- Be a strong partner to the CFO in communication to the Board of
Directors and Audit Committee, including keeping all parties
updated on accounting and financial reporting issues.
- Act as a liaison to outside auditors, tax advisors and legal
counsel, as necessary.
- Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are current.
- Leverage systems to drive process efficiencies and internal
- Provide Mergers & Acquisitions transaction support, including
due diligence, analysis, accounting and integration.
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, attracting and
retaining a highly effective accounting team and inspire change and
- Collaborate with FP&A team to ensure timely publishing of
metrics, forecasts and budgets.
- Encourage the sharing of best practices and insights across all
members of the team.. Requirements:EDUCATION
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- 18+ years of progressive roles in accounting leadership with
experience in private and public companies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and
- CPA required
- Experience operating in a Sarbanes Oxley control
- Manufacturing company experience is preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, clear and
precise in communication
- Experience with systems implementation is a plusEEOC
Keywords: TEKNOVA, Salinas , VP Corporate Controller, Executive , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!