Company: Cypress Healthcare Partners
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job Description Salinas Valley Medical ClinicPrimeCare North
SUMMARY As an Office Manager, you will provide day to day
operational leadership to your assigned practice/facility. You will
ensure that the practice maintains a patient and customer focus
designed to support delivery of the highest quality care. You will
seek opportunities to grow the financial health and long-term
sustainability of the practice.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Under the general supervision of the Practice Administrator,
the Office Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the
assigned practice/facility operation.
- Assists with the billing aspects of the operation, supports
care coordination for patients at the clinic.
- Responsible for documenting patient payments in ledger, balance
petty cash and making bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Coordinate coverage when staff are absent, develop and
implement standard work to ensure all aspects of the office are
- Ensure patient services are provided in an effective and
efficient manner when providing clerical and administrative
- Assist with patient registration/check in, verify patient
information (demographics, employment, insurance) collect
copayments and any missing or required paperwork.
- Train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues
and performance, and to provide input to decision-making on human
- Review and analyze clinical, financial and operating reports
and make correlating decisions based on the data presented to
ensure a sustainable and profitable operation.
- Understands SVMC billing policies and can explain the policy to
patients and staff.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the office
- Takes the lead on optimizing patient satisfaction and
experience. Implements and monitors patient satisfaction survey
tools and social media outlets (e.g. Yelp, Facebook and Google
- Maintains a good working relationship with peers, physicians,
staff and other support personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's
- Prior experience as a supervisor is required.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience in an office
setting. Prior administrative experience in a medical office of
hospital is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical,
dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling,
insurance verification, medial record data abstraction, or patient
- Experience in a high-volume practice is desirable.
- Experience in a call center or with a phone management system
is desirable.PREFERREDBilingual may be required at certain clinics
or during certain shifts.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises
the non-physician staff at assigned practice/facility. KNOWLEDGE:
The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to
the job position.
- Excellent customer service
- Problem resolution skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to analyze datasets
- Effective verbal and writing skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrates customer-focused interpersonal skills and
interacts effectively with practitioners, the interdisciplinary
healthcare team, community agencies, patients, and families who may
have diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural
- Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and be directly
accountable for results
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Exhibits capability to influence and negotiate individual and
group decision making
- Possesses skills to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic,
and rapidly changing environment
- Displays proven ability to positively influence behavior and
- Skill in appropriate assessment and assistance techniques.
- Skill in appropriate use of universal precautions, safe
workplace and confidentiality methods.
- Skill in health information management by appropriately
charting patient data. ABILITIES:
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with physicians
and other staff.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients, families,
staff and others.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both
verbally and in writing.PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have superior patient service attitude and skills. A CORE
VALUES IS "PATIENT FIRST." High patient satisfaction is of critical
importance and all employees must strive to achieve 100% patient
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
Personal hygiene and grooming meet appropriate standards for a
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times and understands
HIPAA rules. Never inappropriately accesses confidential patient
information (e.g., does not access medical or billing records for
self, family member, friend or acquaintance).
- Observes OSHA and Cal-OSHA workplace safety rules. Familiar
with the practice's Illness & Injury Prevention Program
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
manner in the community.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the office.Due to
the state mandate for Healthcare Workers, we will require you to
prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid
religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. In addition,
Healthcare Workers must receive a booster dose of the COVID-19
vaccination by March 1, 2022 or 15 days after becoming eligible
(whichever date is later).
Keywords: Cypress Healthcare Partners, Salinas , Office Manager, Executive , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!