Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more
than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys
uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with
the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22 year
old guys and girls.
Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that
cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the
Journeys store is more than a retail environment -- it's an
extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive
content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising
strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style
reflect the customers' lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in
every way, an attitude you can wear!
Journeys is always looking for great people to join our team!
For more information check out: http://www.journeys.com/careers
WHY WORK FOR JOURNEYS?
- We're committed to our people - we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers - we promote from
- You'll see the results of your hard work in your paycheck. Work
hard, earn good money. Work harder, earn great money!
- Compensation includes base pay, sales commission, and bonus
- Our store environment is unique
- We offer excellent benefits
To assist Store Manager and Manager In Training with recruiting,
hiring, training and managing store personnel to achieve store and
personal sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of
- Assist in recruiting and hiring of high caliber employees with
in store needs.
- Assist in training and developing a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations in
Store Manager and Manager In Training's absence.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices
in Store Manager and Manager In Training's absence.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to Store Manager and
Manager In Training
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the
- Bank Deposits
- Open/Closing the store
Learn more about what it's like to work at Journeys at
- Prior management experience in retail environment
- 6-12 months retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Co-Manager
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
* Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on
Check out the following website for more information on all our
Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental
disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition,
genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or
registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity
and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from
All employment decisions are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited
to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a
reasonable accommodation to apply
for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her
job should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615)367-7467.
Genesco's employment practices will continue to be directed toward
full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that
this approach to our human resources is not only legally and
morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business
Keywords: Journeys, Salinas , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!