Assistant Greenhouse Manager
Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: September 6, 2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Assist the Greenhouse Manager in the execution of day-to-day
operations to maximize efficiency and productivity of greenhouse
production of transplants. Organize, direct, and coordinate
activities for production of high-quality transplants with while
remaining cost competitive. Duties include production planning,
materials management, facilities and asset maintenance, and other
activities related to the operational and financial performance of
the business unit.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Assist Greenhouse (GH) Manager to ensure operational efficiency
in the production of high-quality transplants to meet customer
* Work with the Greenhouse Supervisor to coordinate, organize and
prioritize all labor activities to maintain a safe and productive
* Establish and continuously evaluate performance metrics to ensure
production, financial, and safety goals are met
* Assist GH Manager with employee safety management system (Target
Zero) programs and other aspects of regulatory compliance
* Assist in hiring, training, and development of greenhouse
* Assist GH Manager to ensure all facility repairs and maintenance
is prioritized and performed according to schedule to minimize
downtime and maximize utilization
* Approve purchases of materials used in production of transplants
using Purchase Order System
* Assist Greenhouse Manager to develop CAPEX budget and utilize
CAPEX to maximize ROI
* Other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge on providing monthly, weekly and daily planting volumes
estimation to Department Manager.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational,
leadership and analytical skills.
* Computer skills including Microsoft Office
* Must have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3-5 years of experience with supervising workers, estimating
* B.S. degree in Ag Engineering, Horticulture, Crop Science, or
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Salinas, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment
opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and
other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Salinas , Assistant Greenhouse Manager, Executive , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!