Staff Nurse III - Natividad Medical Center
Company: Natividad Medical Center
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Position DescriptionPriority Screening Date: Thursday, March 14,
2019 at 5:00 pm for guaranteed review.Applications received after
this date will reviewed, as needed until the position is filled.
Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may also be used
to fill future temporary or permanent vacancies as they arise.
(Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) Exam#19/52A20/03CRNatividad
currently looking to fill full time Staff Nurse III positions in
the Medical Surgical Unit and Acute Rehabilitation Unit; which is
the highest level of Staff Nurse in the professional series. This
incumbent performs the full range of nursing duties with minimal
supervision and periodic in-service training.Examples of
- Serves as resource person and provides orientation and training
to new staff, residents, medical and nursing students.
- May serve as charge nurse in the absence of Supervisor by
assuming unit specific operational activities.
- Provides overall patient care appropriate to the nursing care
- Provides teaching and support to the patient and family.
- Notifies Supervisor & Health Care provider of negative change
in patient status in a timely manner.
- Understanding, communicates, and applies pharmacokinetics and
safe administration of common medications used for the treatment of
patients on their units.
- Safely administer routine Medications by PO, IM SQ & rectal
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients & families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Properly prepare, hang, monitor and discontinue IV fluids and
- Acts as a patient advocate & assists physician with
- Develops a written plan of care & completes accurate
documentation of patient care.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the patient as status
- Communicates to the supervising RN the need to change a course
of nursing actions based upon change in the patient's
- Demonstrates ability to follow chain of command, as situation
demands and delegates appropriately to the CNA or MUC.
- Evaluates patient response to pain interventions including
pharmacological and non-pharmacological.Examples of
Licensure: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN)
license ANDExperience: Twelve (12) months or 2,080 hours of
experience as a registered nurse.THE IDEAL CANDIDATEWill have
proven track record demonstrating the following:Thorough Knowledge
- Current theory, principles, techniques and procedures used in
- Medical terminology, medical instruments & equipment.
- Routines typical to an acute-care hospital.
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics.
- Federal, State, Local laws & regulations & TJC standards that
govern the nursing practice & delivery of health care.
- Current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with area of
- Advance theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and
procedures used in professional nursing and health care.
- Mode of action and effects of medicines and narcotics.
- Advance treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area
- Principles and practices of quality assurance; safety policies
of quality assurance.
- Safety policies and procedures related to nursing.Working
- Community resource available to provide patient care &
- Computer applications related to nursing.
- Principles of supervision, training, directing and evaluating
subordinates.Skill and Ability to:
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and
- Plan and organize nursing plans for patients.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of
- Provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain
an effective working relationship.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other
- Perform Specialized and advance nursing tasks.
- Utilize staff effectively in the conduct of patient care,
studies and projects.
- Review and edit written reports, policies and procedures,
standards of care and quality and duties of the position.
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing
specialization.Additional InformationThe County of Monterey offers
an excellent benefits package, see the S-Unit Benefit Summary Sheet
(Download PDF reader) WORKING CONDITIONSAs a condition of
employment, the incumbent will be required to work with potentially
hazardous & infectious substances/organisms such as bodily fluids,
blood, food material or waste, lubricants and chemicals.CONDITIONS
OF EMPLOYMENTIncumbents will be required to possess a valid license
to practice as a Registered Nurse by the California Board of
Registered Nursing.Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a
pre-employment physical/medical assessment.Natividad will conduct a
thorough background and reference check process which includes a
Department of Justice fingerprint check.Employees who drive on
County business to carry out job related duties must possess a
valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.Employees must
have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA
Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of
work.Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including
weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and
infectious substances. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING
PROCESSThe screening process is tentative. Should a change be made,
applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:1.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and
responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are required.Please
submit on-line applications at: www.natividad.com. All licenses
will be verified via primary source so please ensure that the name
on your application is either the same name that is on your license
or that you have indicated the name you are licensed under on your
application. An optional resume may be attached to the online
application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com and
will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required
application materials. For more information or to receive
employment application materials contact the Natividad Human
Resources Office at (831) 783-2707. Office hours are Monday-Friday,
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application
materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified
applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.3.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession
of required qualifications, this process may include an oral
examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical
ability exam.4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the
Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible
list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list
will be used to fill current and future permanent & temporary
vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test
accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad
at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation
verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary
position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible
for the benefits listed above.
Keywords: Natividad Medical Center, Salinas , Staff Nurse III - Natividad Medical Center, Healthcare , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!