Construction Materials Laboratory Technician
Company: EARTH SYSTEMS PACIFIC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Earth Systems provides a wide variety of services including
geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction
materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials
laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has
more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout
California.Earth Systems is currently seeking a
LaboratoryTechnician at our Hollister office.Duties and
- Perform routine laboratory tests and field tests including soil
tests including but not limited to maximum density, moisture,
plasticity index, grain size analysis, direct shear, and other
various soil tests.
- Perform routine laboratory tests on construction materials such
as concrete, masonry, and steel.
- Record laboratory or field data on standard forms.
- Perform computations, plots data, digitize data.
- Perform equipment calibration.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and inventory.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities.
- Uses CCRL/AMRL qualitative control references.
- Maintains a clean and orderly laboratory environment.
- Maintains laboratory records and assigns tracking numbers for
sample quality control.Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma/related trade school.
- Nuclear testing gauge, CALTRANS ACI, ICC, certifications
preferred. Familiarity with ASTM methods preferred.
- Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes
conflicting deadlines and shall, at all times, demonstrate
cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Prior past experience working in construction materials testing
laboratory environment a plus.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft programs.
- Good math, analytical & writing skills are required.
- Attention to detail, punctuality, good communication skills,
and a willingness to learn by doing a must.
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving
record.Employment conditioned upon the satisfactory completion of a
background check, review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug and alcohol
screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position. We
offer a competitive salary and benefit plan including medical,
vision, dental, life insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and
401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.Earth Systems
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: EARTH SYSTEMS PACIFIC, Salinas , Construction Materials Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!