Company: Cypress Healthcare Partners
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Description Multiple clinics are seeking a Medical Assistant
with excellent customer service and communication skills.
Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.Medical, dental, vision, and 401K
benefits offered.SUMMARY:Provides patient care in the office
setting under the direction of a physician, physician assistant,
nurse practitioner or registered nurse. Depending upon training,
experience and supervision, the MA administers injections, performs
EKGs and laboratory tests (venipuncture) and applies bandages. A MA
generally is an individual who is unlicensed, who performs basic
administrative, clerical and technical supportive services for a
licensed physician and who is at least 18 years old and who has
completed the minimum requisite training pursuant to the standards
established by the Division of Licensing. Complies with regulatory
requirements, nursing and office policies, procedures and
standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about
patient's clinical condition, including results of diagnostic
studies.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have superior patient service attitude and skills. A CORE
VALUES IS "PATIENT FIRST." High patient satisfaction is of critical
importance and all employees must strive to achieve 100% patient
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a
physician and/or PA/RN/LPN/LVN, evaluates outcomes, and consults
with other health team members as required.
- Prepares patient for physician evaluation (e.g., room patient,
take vitals, etc.). Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such
as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and
records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms
for examination of patients. Assures prompt patient flow.
- Assists physicians and other qualified licensed providers with
evaluation and treatment; dispense medications only under the
supervision of the physician on duty (unit dose only: ASA, Tylenol,
Benadryl, Compazine, etc.).
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when patient complains of
- Conducts various procedures as indicated (e.g., exam
components, EKG, injections, and lab procedures such as strep,
urinalysis and glucose). Administers medication by intradermal,
subcutaneous or intramuscular injection only.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers,
physicians and Office Manager. Communications to co-workers,
patients and clients are courteous. Uses proper grammar and
spelling in written communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures
and perform services requiring technical and manual skills under
the direction of a PA/RN/LPN/LVN and/or physician. REGULATORY
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program or six (6)
month Nurse Aide Program.
- Must meet all legal requirements, including minimum age of 18
- Certified Medical Assistant through a recognized certifying
board or program is preferred.
- Current BCLS/CPR certification.CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:Due to
the state mandate for Healthcare Workers, we will require you to
prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid
religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Keywords: Cypress Healthcare Partners, Salinas , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Marina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!