Flight Paramedic - CALSTAR - CS2 - Gilroy, CA
Company: Reach Medical Holdings, LLC
Posted on: June 13, 2019
# of Openings
Job Families (Portal Searching)
A flight paramedic is responsible for assessing, planning,
implementing and evaluating care to critically ill and injured
patients. Flight paramedicine requires a high level of critical
thinking during periods of extreme physical and emotional stress.
The flight paramedic practices within the scope of practice defined
by Title 22 and further defined by the local EMS authority (LEMSA)
as well as procedures set forth by CALSTAR. The flight paramedic is
accountable for the completion of all work assignments and is
responsible for the safety of patients and crew members. The
position requires proficiency in critical patient care, knowledge
of the adaptions necessary for patient management and the ability
to establish positive interpersonal and professional
* Accountable to the Clinical Base Manager (CBM) of primary base
* Responsible for preflight checking of transport bags, equipment
* Stabilizes and manages patients involved in transport to include:
field emergency stabilization, critical care inter-hospital
interventions, and management of specific aeromedical problems
while in fligh
* Anticipates clinical course and proactively addresses patient
needs to include but not limited to: oxygen therapy, airway
management, intravenous fluids, and medications.
* Continually monitors patient status in coordination with flight
medic and will intervene as appropriat
* Responsible for post-flight restocking of flight transport bags
and ai Equipment must be cleaned and maintained in order to be
prepared for subsequent flights.
* Completes all required flight records and charge documents as
* Participates in post flight debriefing with all members of the
flight crew, including the dispatch tea
* Attends in persona minimum of 75% of the scheduled staff meeting
Base specific discussions, safety topics and skills are conducted
during these meetings. Virtual attendance via programs such as Web
Ex will not count towards the required 75% attendance.
* Completes all required training and educational requirements
within established timelines to include up-loading of documents
into the appropriate tracking system.
* Participates in teaching and training of new clinical crew
* Participates in public education programs and public relations
functions as requested.
* Responsible for completing all assigned duties to ensure
efficient running of base operations.
* Responsible for completing all administrative activities to
maintain good standing.
* Works competently on both fixed and rotor wing aircraft as
Flight Paramedic Qualifications
* Current unrestricted EMT-P license in California. Minimum of
three (3) years of pre-hospital 911 EMS experience.
* CCT and/or Flight Paramedic experience desirable.
* Current Certifications:
* AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
* AHA or ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), ACEP Advanced
Pediatric Life Support (APLS), or ENA Emergency Nursing Pediatric
* AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Approved Trauma Certification required within six (6) months of
* Must obtain ICEMA accreditation within 30 days of hire.
* National Certification (FP-C or CCP-C) desirable upon application
but required within one (1) year of hire.
Flight Crew Requirements
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure, works efficiently
and accurately with frequent interruptions, able to triage multiple
* Maintains a positive team attitude and cohesive working
relationship with Paramedics, Nurses, Pilots, Maintenance
Technicians, Communication Specialists and all other supporting
* Works independently and manages high stress levels while
maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
* Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation protocols and
Flight Crew Physical Requirements:
* Requires activities to include moderate intervals of standing,
sitting and walking.
* Able to conduct activities requiring moderate to rigorous
pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting.
* Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
* Capable of safe yet rapid ingress/egress to and from all aircraft
and EMS vehicles in any undeveloped/unrefined landing zone or field
* Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
* Maintains a duty weight (body weight + uniform/equipment) of less
than 210 lbs.
* Ability to consistently wear flight helmet, night vision goggles
and all other PPE in accordance with Company standards, under the
stressor of flight.
* Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
* The standard, Full-Time Paramedic schedule at REACH is a seven
(7) 24 hour shifts per four (4) week period.
* Must be available for one (1) on-call shift in a four (4) week
period for bases with On-Call status.
CALSTAR, a REACH Medical Holdings Company, offers competitive
benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term
disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer
a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life
The REACH Medical Holdings Family of Companies is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran
status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage
applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and
individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).
Keywords: Reach Medical Holdings, LLC, Salinas , Flight Paramedic - CALSTAR - CS2 - Gilroy, CA, Healthcare , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!