Customer Service Representative
Company: Sakata Seed America
Posted on: November 16, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Support responsibilities for Sales Department.
Responsible for customer service for NAFTA sales, sample requests
and other inquiries. Responsible for processing commercial orders
for assigned territory. Answers customer inquiries regarding seed
availability and seed releases. Work on allocations and prorates.
Provides back up for the main phone line. Assist in training new
hires.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Receives, researches and promptly answers customer inquiries
regarding product, seed quality, pricing and availability.
Proactively keeps customer updated on their booking, order status
and shipment date. Sends customer a copy of the ship order with all
details listed for their confirmation prior to preparing the order
for shipment. Prepare sales reports customized for Area Sales
Managers and customer needs.
- Review bookings left to ship, spot orders and open orders.
Determine seed availability for current orders and future orders.
Assist with prorates on short inventory. View bookings versus
inventory. You are required to be watchful to not over treat and to
use up remnant lots whenever possible.
- Receives and answers inquiries and requests from customers
regarding seed availability, seed quality and pricing.
- Select inventory lots that meet country/state and/or import
- Follow through and follow up to make sure orders are processed
timely. Assist in prioritizing and resolving schedule conflicts
when needed. Notify Customer Service Manager when order processing
schedule conflicts exist and cannot be worked out with other
- Follow up on customer inquiries and researches to assure
satisfactory completion. Must be able to provide technical product
information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to
customers upon request.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders, seed releases,
samples, seed availability delegates and takes orders as
- Audits letters of credit, update customer profiles and country
phytosanitary requirements. Keep current on country/state and
international weed restrictions and customer requirements for
palletization and shipping. Work closely with Quality/Lab and
Documents/Inventory Planner to request documents per customer
requirements. Request outside lab reports when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties, assists with reports and
performs other projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager
or Facility Operations Manager. Perform back-up duties and support
for others in Customer Service. Have a working knowledge of all CSR
assigned territories when needed for backup, so shipments will not
- Work with Finance and the Sales staff to solve credit,
incorrect pricing and seed return issues. Assist in the research
and resolution of Product Inquiries (complaints).
- Work with PD (Product Development) Coordinator and Area Sales
Manager in the processing of trial sample orders as needed. CSR may
be required to prepare custom tracking reports for the PD
Coordinator or Area Sales Managers as requested.
- Cross train within the department to learn internal processes,
procedures and customer preferences associated with Sakata
- Attend at least one personal improvement seminar each
- Has the ability to negotiate prices for non-standard seed lots
with the approval of Sales Management.
- Daily reviews the Open Order Report to determine seed
availability for current orders, back orders and future needs.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to shipping
options, wrong products, returned goods, discounts (within
guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reminds customers about ordering higher levels per invoice to
achieve better terms.
- Proactively make customer calls to confirm shipment dates,
discuss seed availability for spot orders, update contract status
and support various Area Sales Managers as required. Follow up with
customer to confirm arrivals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal budgets and monthly
- Prepares sales reports customized for customers needs.REQUIRED
- Must have excellent telephone manner and speaking ability.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills, proficient in Word,
Excel and other computer applications.
- Must be detail oriented and must be able to multi-task.
- Customer service or related experience required.
- Must be outgoing and motivated.
- Stay informed and current on international pesticide laws and
- Keep manager informed of issues developing
- Seed experience, sales, and supervisory experience preferred
but not required.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary
projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and
requirements.EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of
age.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer
keyboard for long periods of time.*To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
these essential functions.Job Type: Full-timeEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Sakata Seed America, Salinas , Customer Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!