Guest Services Representative (Flexible Shifts)
Company: Holiday Inn Express - Marina State Beach
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description*** Prior Hospitality experience is
PREFERRED***** ** ** Hiring Bonus up to $250.00 for those who are
willing to start ASAP ** ** **
We have immediate openings for experienced Guest Service
Agents/Night Auditors, for both Full Time and Part Time
Must be able to work AM,PM and Night shifts with weekends and
holidays.Prior IHG (Opera) experience is a plus!JOB
PURPOSE:Represents the Hotel to guests throughout all stages of the
guest stay. Greet, assist and resolve guest matters with the utmost
professional, courteous and efficient manner. Must be sales minded.
Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance
in making choices. This position reports to the Front Office
Manager/General Manager.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain confidentiality of any and all proprietary information
at all times.
- Follow all Company Policies and be on time to work, as
- Meet with the supervisor to review assignments, anticipate
business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job
- Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential
guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding
reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Check in/out guests, including assigning guest's rooms and
accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Provides orientations of the Hotel.
- Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check-
cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes
used by guests.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room
status reports up to date (check outs, late checkouts, early
check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms), and coordinates
requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs cashiering tasks, such as bill/invoice settlement,
posting charges to the guest, paid out's, etc.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to
move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by
management.QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:Essential:
- High School Graduate or equivalent work-related
- 1-year experience in a similar position, preferably in the
- Display a competent level of computer literacy.
- Must possess initiative, excellent guest service and decision
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and
courteous at all times.
- Ability to work well under pressure coordinating multiple
requests at any given time.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and
co-workers as part of a team.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to schedule various services for individuals.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to relay instructions and ask for help.COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Keywords: Holiday Inn Express - Marina State Beach, Salinas , Guest Services Representative (Flexible Shifts), Hospitality & Tourism , Marina, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!