Catering & Conference Services Coordinator (Full Time)
Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: September 21, 2022
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and athletes,
world travelers and locals alike, have flocked to Pebble Beach
Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey Peninsula is a
wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble Beach Company,
located in Pebble Beach, California, owns and operates the
world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge at Pebble
Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach. The
company also operates five renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf
Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay, Del
Monte Golf Course and The Hay.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa at
Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational, Pebble Beach Food &
Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting First Tee.
The Catering & Conference Services Coordinator provides support to
the Catering & Conference Services Managers. Coordinate wedding and
local social business through excellent product knowledge, sales
techniques and relationship building with clients. Ensure clients
receive optimum service in accordance with Pebble Beach Company
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Oversee training of Administrative Assistants.
* Manage Delphi to ensure the accuracy of business on the
* Uses knowledge of resort and its features in order to effectively
* Executes proposals/quotes and contracts in line with departmental
standards and tailored to guest requirements and schedules timely
follow up of same.
* Partners with Director of Catering in conversion of
* Manage client relationships to include, where required, tours of
inspection with clients ensuring that the Resort facilities are
seen in their best light and schedules timely follow up of same;
meet/liaise with clients to discuss all aspects of event, using
up-selling and suggestive selling techniques ensuring all details
are accurately communicated in Banquet Event Order and other resort
* Performs any reasonable, additional tasks in order to ensure
clients experience a once in a lifetime experience, every time.
* Ensures all Resort Standards are adhered to in relation to credit
and accounting procedures.
* Checks competitor strategy on a regular basis in relation to
wedding and local social business.
* Identifies, attracts and books new local social clients.
* Maintains contact with previous local social clients using Delphi
for future follow up.
* Updates selling scripts to ensure user friendly and maximizing
* Works closely with Reservations to ensure maximization of room
sales & golf through wedding and local social business.
* Provides information for preparation of annual budgets.
* Manages pre-set budget expense limits.
* Responds to resort, departmental, government legislation changes
and industry trends as required.
* Ordering of supplies for department as needed.
* Process department invoices for payment as required.
* Compose transmittals, memorandums, and correspondence as
* Represent the Catering/Conference Services department, when
required, attending Menu Meeting, Pre-Conference Meetings & other
* Manages daily communication functions to include, telephones,
email, faxes and ensures messages are delivered and addressed in a
* Maintain and update department control files, various project
files and other individual filing systems, on a timely basis.
* Maintain Director of Caterings calendar schedule, coordinate and
set-up meetings, appointments.
* Greet, serve and accommodate visitors and business
* Create, update and communicate departmental procedures.
* Assist with special event billing
Absolutely Required Skills:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Hotel/Resort experience, especially within Catering/Conference
Services. Involvement in planning events from Sales turnover to
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Minimum two years college-level education, B.A. or B.S.
Ability to sit for long periods of time and repetitive hand
Why work for us:
* Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th day
of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow you
peace of mind. Our state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of cost.
* We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble Beach
Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests experience
at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail and
* Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
* Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand the
need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
* Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our team
and guests is our number one priority. All employees may be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Catering & Conference Services Coordinator (Full Time), Hospitality & Tourism , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!