Culinary Service Director
Company: Madonna Gardens
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Are you looking for a job that you will LOVE? Do you enjoy
sharing your culinary creativity and leadership to provide a dining
experience that is not only healthy, but client-focused and served
with a smile? -Are you tired of the long hours required by the
hospitality industry and want work/life balance? And most of all,
do you find joy in making a positive difference in the lives of
seniors? If so, then Madonna Gardens is looking for you! -Madonna
Gardens, a Carefield Living assisted living and memory care
community, is seeking an experienced Culinary Services Director to
oversee our dining program and take it to a new level of resident
experience and customer service. Expansive gardens, outdoor dining
areas, exquisite activity areas and a great team are waiting for
your creativity and expertise to bring our dining program to life.
- As the Culinary Services Director, you will provide overall
supervision and direction for the dining services program, which
includes dining room service and room service. -You will also work
in collaboration with the Sales and Lifestyle Directors to support
special events such as theme dinners, food demonstrations, family
picnics, and our upcoming 60th anniversary in September. Your
positive energy and willingness to work as part of a team are
essential to this position. - - -JOB DUTIES: -
- Support the mission, vision, and culture of the organization
through positive communication and leadership.
- Contribute to Community relationships by demonstrating
cooperation and professional conduct with residents, families,
fellow associates, physicians, pharmacies and other vendors or
- Contribute to team effort by being flexible in work
assignments; by furnishing support; by taking initiative; and by
understanding how this position affects and compliments all other
- Able to maintain work pace appropriate to given workload.
Perform activities on schedule while maintaining regular attendance
and punctuality within specified tolerance.
- Supervise kitchen and dining room staff, provide training, set
and adjust rates of pay and hours of work, provide informal and
formal performance feedback, recognize both appropriate and
inappropriate behaviors/performances through rewards and
discipline, and apportion work among subordinates.
- Perform all cook functions as necessary, serving 2-4 shifts a
week as required by the Executive Director.
- Order food and kitchen supplies from approved vendors and
maintain good communication with all vendors.
- Record and maintain adequate food inventory and complete
reports as required by Carefield Senior Living and California
Department of Social Services.
- Follow all Carefield Senior Living dietary policies and
procedures and ensure compliance by other food service
- Ensure that employees practice safe food-handling techniques
and comply with federal, state, county, and city regulations
regarding health, safety, and sanitation.
- Ensure that personnel who display signs of communicable
diseases are not working.
- Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings with all dining room
personnel to ensure efficient kitchen operations and to foster open
- Participate in New Hire Orientation program and other regular
associate meetings or functions.
- Support all catering services and help plan theme evenings,
dinners, picnics, special parties, etc., with Lifestyle Director
and Sales Director and food service staff.
- Maintain open communication with the cooks when planning events
requiring special menus.
- Make catering sales presentations to appropriate individuals,
organizations, clubs, and businesses.
- A complete Job Description will be provided upon request.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent
certificate, a minimum of two years study or certification in the
hospitality industry, and five or more years experience in food
service management, supervision, food purchasing, safety,
sanitation, and menu preparation.
- Must pass an FBI and DOJ background check.JOB SPECIFICATIONS: -
- Possess knowledge of sanitation procedures.
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Be able to work well under pressure.
- Promote positive work environment that emphasizes
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work well with all
people, particularly the elderly.
- Knowledge of RCFE regulations a definite plus. -
Keywords: Madonna Gardens, Salinas , Culinary Service Director, Hospitality & Tourism , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!