Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Dole Food Company, Inc.
Posted on: July 6, 2019
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing first
class customer service to employees at all levels of the
organization. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in
various aspects of human resources including recruitment, new hire
orientation, onboarding/off-boarding, benefits, compliance, talent
management, LOA tracking, employee relations and HR reporting.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Providing customer service to employees that come in to the HR
- Accountable for administration, tracking and communication of
Leaves of Absence (i.e. FMLA, W/C and ADA). Lead and manage
interactive process as needed for ADA cases.
- Coordination of the hourly employment process and new hire
packet administration, including pre-employment processing of
applicants (screening, referencing, I-9 verification) and
completion of written employment verification.
- Conducts new employee orientation and onboarding follow-up
- Establish and Maintain effective "win-win" working
relationships with (and between) employees, supervisors and
managers. Maintain relationships with employees at all levels of
the organization. Promote and foster an environment of open
communication and honest, candid feedback.
- Will back up the HR supervisor and Generalist as a mediator,
counselor, and facilitator in arbitrating disputes between
employees and their supervisors and managers, using care and
judgment to ensure fairness and equity throughout the counseling
process. Will assist with investigations when required.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor and
discrimination laws (e.g. Department of Labor, EEOC, Wage and Hour,
- Administration of the hourly employment personnel files, with
focus on the up to date information and file security.
- Provide daily headcount report to management and works with HR
Supervisor and Generalist on recruitment to fill open positions
- Processing hourly job requisitions including posting,
qualifying, and processing employee promotions and transfers.
- Answering general employee benefits questions and receiving and
forwarding group insurance payments as required for auditing
- EEO/Affirmative Action Plan data tracking for all hourly
positions. Compliance with EEO goals and objectives, and management
of the employment data base.
- Data entry of new hires, transfers, separations etc. in ADP as
- Enters all personnel changes including crew assignment,
locations, changes in states for correct tax reporting, wage
profile, job class codes both union and non-union
- Maintains seniority list based on department and location
- Responds to EDD, State Disability, and other government agency
- Providing Human Resources reports to management.
- Conduct field and site visits.
- Responsible for coordinating wellness, recognition and employee
engagement programs and events.
- Follow all food safety requirements and GMP's as applicable for
- Support special projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to track and manage leaves of absences
- I-9 verification and EEO compliance experience
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint,
Excel and HRIS.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills emphasizing
teaching ability with large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Some payroll and benefits knowledge a plus
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English both oral and written is
Required ExperienceEXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3 - 5 years minimum of human resources experience, preferably
in the produce industry.
- College degree or equivalent in related field is preferable,
but not required
- HR certificate desirable
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Inc., Salinas , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!