Bilingual Permanency Specialist
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: May 6, 2020
OverviewThe Bilingual (Spanish/English) Permanency Specialist
partners with Wraparound staff, Child and Family Teams (CFTs),
child welfare workers, behavioral health professionals, and
probation officers to implement all stages of the Family Finding
and Engagement (FFE) process for Wraparound-enrolled youth and
families. The Permanency Specialist supports the goal of increasing
each youth and family's network of supports. The Permanency
Specialist also supports reunification of children with their
parents and involves family members and non-family members in
developing other alternatives to permanency should reunification
not be possible.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click
- Applies best practices in Family Finding to support
Wraparound-enrolled youth and families in building and expanding
their network of natural supports.
- Serves a caseload of up to 10 families.
- Receives training, supervision. and consultation from Family
- Understands, applies, and consults on the principles and stages
of Family Finding.
- Collaborates with youth, family, and members of the CFT in
Family Finding efforts, including but not limited to file mining,
searches, cold-calling, mobility mapping, and planning for
- Meets with parents, youth, family members, and community
members on an ongoing basis to build rapport and engage them in
planning for permanency for their children.
- Master's or bachelor's degree in social work or a related
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities
- Experience and demonstrated interest in helping parents reunify
with their children or plan alternative permanency
- Must have competence in the skill areas of positive client
engagement and communication, especially with parents whose
children have been removed due to abuse or neglect.
- Must have experience working directly with families and
demonstrated understanding of the challenges they are experiencing
as a result of involvement with the child welfare system.
- Own vehicle, valid Drivers License and insurability through
Seneca's automobile policy.
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours in the
- Competitive salary; additional salary increase for bilingual
(English/Spanish) abilities upon passing Language Exam.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including; medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Salinas , Bilingual Permanency Specialist, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!