Company: Fresh Express
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Summary:Transports products from trim lines into dryers and from
dryers into hoppers via barrels and totes.Job Function Statements
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of
- Compliance to SOP's, GMPs, Housekeeping, Safety, and all other
- Obtains empty barrels and positions them under the appropriate
trim line to prevent barrel overflow and product spill.
- Ensure barrels are filled properly to guarantee maximum drying
efficiency per product specifications.
- Operates dryer apparatus including, but not limited to barrels,
dollies, hoists, dryers and hoppers.
- Follows proper blending procedures in accordance to Quality
blend ratios in Hopper area (this includes any Deviated blending
and other proper blending of product).
- Ensures the proper product dries correctly and is then added to
the correct hopper per the production schedule.
- Modifies machine settings as needed based on product
- Follows checklists and processes to ensure proper startup of
- Keeps area clean at all times.
- Employees may be assigned to perform other tasks such as
packing, palletizing, trimming, inserting master packs,
housekeeping, rework, general labor activities, etc. on a temporary
- Responsible for actively supporting the other members of the
employee's work team including assisting with cross-training,
new-hire/buddy assignments, and process support during breaks, meal
periods, and other staff coverage as needed.
- Be able to participate in process improvement projects.
- Report any equipment malfunction or unsafe condition to the
floor coordinator or supervisor immediately.
- Able to work in different lines such as clam lines, ASL line
and main lines in both salad and healthy snacking.
- Working conditions include a cold atmosphere (30-34 degrees)
wet surfaces and moderate to high noise levels.
- Follow all safety guidelines and SOP's at all the time.Required
- Must be able to continuously lift/push/pull barrels of product
with assistance from a hydraulic hoist for certain process
- Physical requirements: must be able to stand for the duration
of the shift (8 hours or more), perform repetitive motions
throughout shift such as push/pull/lift, bending continuously
throughout the shift.
- Must be able to work 6 consecutive days, overtime and weekends
- Must be able to climb stairs or step up onto a platform several
times throughout the shift.
- Must be able to count.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instruction.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must pass physical strength test that measures physical
strength ability and be able to follow all safety guidelines and
- Must adhere to GMP's and PPE's as required.(Internal applicant
qualification) In order to be eligible for this position, employee
must have not more than 3 attendance points, no safety violations,
nor any other disciplinary warnings. Employee awarded the position
will be on a 60-day probationary period to complete training and
demonstrate SOP's and all related task. Classification date will be
reflected upon completion of 60-day probationary period.This job
will be awarded based on the ability to perform the job, plant
seniority, and classification seniority.Other Desired
- Prior experience in a similar temperature/strenuous work
- Receptive to training and have the ability to learn new
- Bilingual English/SpanishExperience:Prior experience in a
Keywords: Fresh Express, Salinas , Dryer Operator, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!