Cook 1 - Employee Dining Room (Full Time)
Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For nearly a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL
Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance
Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has
hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and
numerous other tournaments.
The Cook 1 produces hot and cold foods prepared to the highest
standards set by the Lodge kitchen management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assign tasks to employees, with the approval of the team
- Prepare cold food sandwiches, salads, and dressings.
- Basic vegetable prep; slicing; dicing and proper handling.
- Preparations and handling of meat, fish, vegetables, starches,
- Basic hot food preparation.
- Frying, grilling, baking roasting and poaching techniques.
- Saucier, butter sauces and all other sauces.
- Prepare all necessary menu items, including soups and sauces,
as directed by the team leaders.
- Employee Dining Room cooking; salad bar, set up, etc.
- Basic Garde Manager.
- Proficiency in knife and equipment skills.
- Keep recipe and set up documentation.
- Follow recipe cards exactly and assist in preparing new cards
for specials or new menus.
- Learn and work both sides of the Stillwater Grill, Tap Room and
- Set up the mise en place for the station.
- Set up buffet stations and perform carving, stir fry or other
designated function at that station.
- Time the cooking of food to ensure that the entrees from each
order are completed at the same time.
- Check the quality of food produced at the station, ensuring
consistency of each mise en place.
- Arrange food on the plates, ensuring an attractive
- Assist with dish up for banquet functions.
- Add garnishes to complete plates of food.
- Help all other cooks and all other lines as needed,
contributing to an environment of teamwork.
- Assist special events as needed.
- Be cost conscious at all times.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and personal mise en place
to ensure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage.
- Keep work areas & refrigerators clean and neat at all
- Clean, care for and store all equipment. Clean cooking
- Report all faulty equipment or unsafe conditions to team
- Training new employees, Cook 4, Cook 3, Cook 2, in their
responsibilities, required knowledge, skills and organization of
- Work with butcher to ensure consistent product, portions, cuts,
amounts and inventory pars.
- Contribute a list of needed items to the daily food order.
- Discuss daily events and production schedule with the team
- Make suggestions to improve the quality of food production and
- Requisition food from Purchasing Department in the absence of
the Team leaders. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Comply with all Pebble Beach Company safety, health and
sanitation policies and procedures.
Absolutely Required Skills:
- Basic hot/cold food cooking knowledge, proficient knife
- Five years kitchen experience including two years in equivalent
position at a premier restaurant, resort or hotel.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited culinary program or apprenticeship
Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently
from area to area. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with
hands and arms. Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Firm grasping and
repetitive hand-use required.
Why work for us:
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Cook 1 - Employee Dining Room (Full Time), Other , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!