Assistant Restaurant Manager
Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: May 3, 2021
For nearly a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL
Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance
Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has
hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and
numerous other tournaments.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will assist Restaurant Managers
in all aspects of the restaurant operations to ensure five-star
service standards. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for
maximizing the financial performance of restaurant operations by
providing the highest possible guest service, products, and by
fostering a positive work environment for all employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, promotion and termination
- Control labor, operating, food & beverage costs.
- Be a hands-on Leader by providing handson assistance whenever
- Prepare employee performance reviews and handle any necessary
- Complete payroll preparation including totaling time cards and
entering hours on computer sheet, if required.
- Prepare employee documents, ETRs, personnel requisitions and
- Ensure the accurate completion of monthly dry goods inventories
and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and
- Provide all employees with training manuals and any other
documentation as required.
- Conduct huddles on a daily basis.
- Work with Chef de Cuisine on changing out menu items regularly
as part of our Qual process
- Perform housekeeping and maintenance walkthrough, generate
report and follow up with appropriate maintenance requests.
- Oversee menu printing and coordinate micros changes.
- Train, develop and motivate staff to exceed established service
standards and PBC Universal Service Standards.
- Ensure that on-going service training programs are provided
covering service and sales techniques, including incentive sales
- Handle special requests, complaints and billing discrepancies;
offer compensation where appropriate.
- Review guest comment cards; keep records of incidents requiring
communication with guests.
- Keep staff informed of VIP and group schedules and any other
special arrangements and events and hotel activities.
- Interface with all departments, especially golf department to
ensure business trends for scheduling and world-class service.
- Uphold company standards of conduct, grooming, dress and
- Represent the restaurant at all appropriate meetings such as
staff, pre-convention, training and Food and Beverage
- Closely monitor quality and appropriateness of all operating
- Provide input on all capital expenditures.
- Follow all PBC, local, state and federal health and safety
standards, alcohol awareness and ABC guidelines.
- Other projects as assigned by the Food and Beverage Director or
Absolutely Required Skills:
- 3+ years experience in a management capacity, preferably with a
4 or 5-star resort.
- Must be knowledgeable about all aspects of beverage
- Excellent management, motivational. communication and
organizational skills required
- Knowledge of food, wine and spirits required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult
people and situations in a professional manner.
- TIPS certification needed within 90 days of hire.
- SMS and Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently
from area to area. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with
hands and arms. Ability to carry and balance dish ware and
glassware in the course of service. Regularly lift and/or move up
to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Why work for us:
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Assistant Restaurant Manager, Other , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!