Since 1966, we have remained dedicated to the passionate pursuit of
truly distinctive quality in the cup, and everything it takes to
get there. We are committed to the artisan practice of
extraordinary selectivity, roasting by hand in small batches, and
ensuring that every bean is meticulously fresh. Simply put, our
core belief of uncompromising quality coffees and teas is the
inspiration that drives everything we do.
This inspiration is reflected in six Values that ground our
culture: Mastery, Authenticity, Passion, Community, Ownership and
Growth. These Values apply to all Peet’s employees as part of the
leading, gold-standard coffee company: Peet’s Coffee.
The Retail Associate is a store team member reporting to the Store
Manager and/or Assistant Store Manager and supporting Peet’s
Mission by performing the Serve tenet of the Retail Operating
Philosophy (ROP). The Retail Associate provides superior customer
service by engaging with customers about products and promotions,
cleaning and organizing the store so it reflects Peet’s brand, and
promptly preparing and serving coffees, teas, and beverages of
unequalled quality. The Retail Associate also accurately operates
point-of-sales terminals, maintains reliability in attendance, and
demonstrates team work and respect in accordance with Peet’s
What Does it take to be a
In addition to modeling Peet’s culture and
values and following policies and procedures, principal
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Delivers Engaging Customer Service
- Welcomes customers to store, engaging with them throughout
their store experience.
- Determines customer needs by asking questions and sharing
- Demonstrates that customers come first by serving them with a
sense of urgency.
Delivers Operational Excellence
- Provides consistent quality in the preparation of drinks and
brewing of coffee and tea.
- Participates actively in training to learn new and promotional
products. Continually works to expand product knowledge of coffee
- Maintains a clean and well-stocked store.
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change
according to the operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have
a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in
learning more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great
relationships with their coworkers.
- Be able to work quickly, embrace and learn new
information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal
- Have the ability to perform various physical tasks during
the work shift. Click here to review the Physical
Requirements for Retail Roles.
What Benefits do Baristas
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are
committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their
work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following
- Within1-3 months as a Peet’s Team Member you will have the
opportunity to become a certified Barista and receive a pay
- 401(k) plan, with generous matching (must be 18 years old to
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance to employees who work
21 or more hours per week (following completion of 500 hours of
- Paid vacation (accrual following completion of 500 hours of
- Flexible schedule
- Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Our Commitment to the
Beyond Coffee, Peetniks are passionate supporters of our community
and serving our local communities doesn’t stop at the counter.
Peet's employees take pride in supporting the neighborhoods where
they live and work, thorough holiday donation programs and
supporting non-profits at home and globally. We believe that Coffee
thrives where people do. We support the communities where our beans
grown, lending hands and knowledge to make life and coffee
Peet’s is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!
restaurant manager | manager | restaurant job | restaurant
employment | restaurant careers | restaurant management jobs |
restaurant manager jobs | Restaurant manager careers | restaurant
management job | restaurant management jobs | Restaurant manager
career | Full Service Restaurant | restaurant manager | restaurant
managers | cashiering | assistant manager | cash handling | FOH
manager | coffee | restaurant jobs | assistant general manager |
restaurant management | restaurant management careers | restaurant
management | manager | kitchen manager | full service | assistant
manager | casual full service | assistant general manager
|assistant restaurant manager | general manager | managers |
restaurant managers | restaurants | restaurant |casual quick serve
| catering | shift manager | QSR | quick serve | Espresso| coffee |