Viticulture Technician Intern
Company: Constellation Brands
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn the location of all outside grower vineyards.
- Data collection of outside grower vineyards. Data collection
will consist of: phenological data, cluster counting, cluster
weights, collecting soil moisture and vine stress data, vineyard
observations and evaluations, generating maps of new vineyards,
label sampling areas at each vineyard block.
- Assist in training the harvest sampling team in August.
- Main duty is to conduct daily brix sampling of grower vineyard
blocks al all locations and bring samples to winery lab for
- Assist the Grower Relations Manager with organizing
- Monitor vineyard conditions for potential harvest
- Cooperate with lab to provide the information to track vineyard
maturity and time of harvest.
- Act as lead sampler if necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- College level viticulture coursework preferred.
- Ability to do basic math and read/follow a map using GPS.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills; and be
able to keep neat and accurate records.
- Previous viticulture experience/familiarity with vineyard
environment highly desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to work well outdoors. Requires walking uphill and
downhill on uneven terrain.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime as
requested 5-6 days/week as needed.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team
- Must successfully complete a background check.
- Must have valid Driver's License and a clean DMV record.
The above information is representative of the work performed in
this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a
specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the
position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of
equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment
opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex,
race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national
origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital
status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression),
familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information,
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any
other group or category within the framework of the applicable
discrimination laws and regulations).
Keywords: Constellation Brands, Salinas , Viticulture Technician Intern, Other , Gonzales, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!