Cellar, Harvest Intern
Company: Constellation Brands
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pomace-transfers,
juice and must additions.
- Inoculations, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, tank and
equipment sanitation, and general winery operations.
- Assist where required during busy harvest season.
- Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health
and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control
standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
- Works with Cellar and Winemaking to notify of received goods,
provides proper paperwork and scheduling notifications.
- Maintains records as required by ISO, TTB, OSHA and company
- Participates in departmental meetings, events, and cross
- Tank Operator responsibilities include operation of valves to
direct the flow of grapes into mixing tanks, working with the press
operator on timing of emptying tanks and cleaning out tanks once
they are empty
- Tank Operator is responsible for Enzyme's to grape juice as
needed and keeps records accordingly.
- Responsible for the movement of grapes through a series of
presses to separate the juice from the grapes.
- Operates air valves and pump to feed the grape must into
presses and continues to observe the flow of grape must into each
process, shifting valves as necessary to prevent overfill.
- During the clarification process, responsible for filtration of
pressed juice through a series of centrifuges. Performs percent
spin solids testing of filtered and unfiltered juice.
- Responsible for cleaning decanters and centrifuges every 12
hours using safe cleaning processes.
- Assist in training Harvest Temporary Associates.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts (including evenings
and weekends) from August through November.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and
- Completion of at least one year of college in a related field
of study (enology, viticulture, chemistry, or another related
- Undergraduate major in Viticulture in Associate or Bachelor's
- Must be proficient in organization and able to multitask in a
- Previous harvest experience a plus
- Previous winery production not necessary but a plus
- Ability to critically analyze workflow set ups and offer
continuous improvement suggestions
- Experience with Access Database is a plus
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be cellar and lab setting
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or
stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended
periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of
equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment
opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex,
race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national
origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital
status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression),
familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information,
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any
other group or category within the framework of the applicable
discrimination laws and regulations).
Keywords: Constellation Brands, Salinas , Cellar, Harvest Intern, Other , Soledad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!