Grad. Pharmacy Intern
Company: Raley's and BelAir
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Graduate Pharmacy Intern works under the general guidance
and supervision of the Pharmacy Manager (PIC) to assist in the
overall operation of the site pharmacy operation. Provides a
contemporary patient-centric retail pharmacy focus by taking time
to speak to patients and establish high quality professional care
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsible for helping the store pharmacy operations achieve
their planned business objectives.
- Assists in the operation of assigned pharmacy which includes
providing exceptional customer service, sales, gross margin
improvements, inventory purchasing and management, expense
- Ensures location compliance to all local, state, federal laws,
and company policies and procedures.
- Understands and complies with Policy and Procedure
Active role in delivering the Pharmacy Care programs, including
immunizations, injections, testing, and adherence platforms under
supervision of the pharmacist.
- Timely successful completion of APHA immunization and other
required training or the equivalent.
- Monitors patients to ensure therapeutic outcomes and minimize
adverse drug effects.
- Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient
understanding of drug therapy plans, awareness of drug
interactions, and outcomes.
- Participates in adherence programs to increase pharmacy
performance measures. These include OutcomesMTM, EQUiPP, and
- Demonstrates consistent delivery of quality clinical service
- Performs medication therapy management with patients and offer
consultation to improve therapeutic outcomes.
- Attainment of site sales, profitability, and labor
- Demonstrates knowledge and support for continuous quality
improvement programs in the location.
- Demonstrates and supports the professional image of the
In conjunction with senior leadership, assists in developing and
implementing store programs to meet sales objectives and increase
- Provides the Pharmacy Manager and Store Director updates on
- Confront complex pharmacy operational issues with situation
specific business solutions in alignment with site management goals
- Participative role in developing open communications between
store staff and pharmacy group so as to improve morale, awareness
of company programs, and support of Company objectives.
Performs all duties related to the preparation, dispensing and
sale of prescription and pharmacy related products under
supervision of a pharmacist.
- Provides superior customer service combined with efficiency in
- Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the
pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy
financials, inventory management and enhance customer
- Serves as a role model to team members in the areas of sales
focus, customer service and stewardship.
- Maintains a professional attitude and image; leads by
- Accurately reviews, interprets, and fills prescriptions/orders
to ensure patient
- Graduate of Pharmacy School with a BS or Doctor of
- State-issued license for Pharmacy Intern in state where
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products and
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum
of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and
establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
- Working knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft
office, Access, Excel, and Word
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills including building relationships and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to effectively understand customer and employee
- Ability to work different schedules to meet store and customer
Must have State-issued license for Pharmacy Intern in state
Immunization certifications as required.
Keywords: Raley's and BelAir, Salinas , Grad. Pharmacy Intern, Other , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!