Company: Highgate Hotels
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining
Highgate Hotel Standards in all assigned lobby areas, Business
Center, Fitness Center, restaurants, public restrooms, corridors,
meeting rooms, offices, elevators, pool areas, parking garages,
driveways, and any other public spaces. May also be required to
complete special cleaning assignments and perform Room Attendant
and House Attendant duties as necessary.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow
employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets
to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to
assist if needed.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and
take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous Housekeeping experience highly preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform, personal protective
equipment (PPE), and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, Salinas , PublicArea Attendant, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!