Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: June 6, 2021
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL
Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance
Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has
hosted six U.S. Opens, four U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and
numerous other tournaments.
Oversee the efficient, successful and cost-effective operation
of a World Class Service Transportation Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that staff members are aware of daily business activity
including VIP, group schedules, and any other special
- Timely and accurate scheduling of personnel to meet business
needs and within budgetary limitations.
- Develop and motivate staff to meet and exceed established
- Ensure that all vehicles are kept to the PBC standard of
- Coordinate with Fleet Maintenance all necessary and scheduled
- Knowledge of current DOT, DMV, PUC and CHP Class B and C driver
- Manage record keeping and drug and alcohol testing
- Conduct personal performance reviews and evaluations of staff
- Conduct disciplinary reviews and implement employee action
plans including follow-up meetings with staff member.
- Monitor the daily posting of transportation revenue charges and
any other special arrangements.
- Manage the planning and booking of group transportation
requirements including attendance at pre-conference meetings.
- Carry out necessary post conference follow-up and data
- Manage daily revenue breakdown and voucher audit and
appropriate reports to the PBC Accounting Department.
- Monitor training of supervisors, dispatchers/operators,
drivers, group coordinators and any other staff members.
- Ensure that all drivers have current Class B or C drivers
license and provide training when necessary.
- Act as Liaison to all internal customers (sales, conference
services, marketing, resort operations, special event staff, fleet
maintenance, golf courses and safety).
- Coordinate and communicate daily report transportation issues
to appropriate Senior Staff, internal customers, guests, and
- Successful planning and execution of PBC Transportation needs
for company sponsored Special Events.
- Able to fill-in as Supervisor, Dispatcher, Group Coordinator,
- Effective management of the Profit and Loss account including
forecasting revenues and controlling expenses.
- Knows, models, and integrates PBC culture (mission, values, and
- Comply with the Pebble Beach safety and health policies and
- Other duties as assigned by the VP & GM of The Inn.
- Knowledge of current DOT, DMV, PUC and CHP Class B drivers
regulations, record keeping and drug and alcohol testing
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Supervisory, time management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to,
Microsoft Office programs.
- Have and maintain a valid California Drivers License with 2
(two) points or less.
- Knowledge of data entry and hotel systems helpful.
- One-year hotel or resort experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Pebble Beach Resort and the Monterey
Why work for us:
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state of the art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Transportation Manager, Other , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!