RVT Tech Supervisor
Company: VCA Antech, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Technical Supervisor Job Description
Position Title: Technical Supervisor
Reports To: Hospital Manager, Assistant Manager and Medical
Employee Status: Non-Exempt
Under policy direction from the Hospital Manager and Medical
Director, the Technical Supervisor performs a wide range of
difficult to complex administrative activities related to hospitals
providing quality patient care and excellent client service,
management of finances and accounting, marketing and promotion of
services, staffing and personnel operations, and discretionary
activities, that serve to support effective business
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Customer service skills and ability to handle client
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies and protocols
- Knowledge of financial budget parameters
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Goal oriented
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and
- Ability to take information obtained from clients, staff, and
other sources, discern that which is credible and assess the
hospital and its operation objectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with
high levels of stress in an environment of changing
- Ability to train and support staff in development goals.
- Must have strong medical skills
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Registered Technician status or equivalent practice experience
of at least 5 years
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, reviewing,
scheduling, discipline, and in discharge of technical staff.
- Dependable attendance is required.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure
conditions. Shift schedules will primarily consist of swing shifts
but expect some variability based on hospital needs. Working
weekends and some holidays is required.
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and
reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records,
recognize people and understand written directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give
information in person and over the telephone.
- Fine motor skills adequate for utilizing hospital equipment
such as electric clippers, syringes, radiology equipment,
laboratory equipment, computers, etc.
The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list
may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here
may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities
include overseeing that the following occur within the
Staff Management - Technical Staff:
- Work with Hospital Manager to assist in hiring, performance
reviews, disciplinary actions, and terminations of technical
- Work with management team to ensure proper scheduling for team.
As well as monitor time and attendance.
- Training, education, developing of staff.
- Oversee hospital daily hospital flow, i.e., patient care,
treatments and staff duties on a daily basis.
- Supervise staff to assure that each job is being effectively
- Employee policy enforcement
- Employee relations and communications.
- Monitor employee competence and effectiveness.
- Work with the human resources department with disciplinary
- Oversee process of patient admitting, hospitalization and
- Responsible for administration, delegation and completion of
veterinarian's medical orders.
- Mentor and train technical staff in nursing care, radiology,
anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, laboratory and pharmacy ensuring
that staff is trained and following VCA standards of quality
- Ensure that all patient medical and surgical records are
complete and accurate.
- Oversees training of all staff in accordance to the principals
of the VCA Mission Statement, Mars 5 Principles and VCA Standards
of Client Service and that the above is known and practiced by
- Oversee client flow to ensure that clients and patients are
seen and treated in a professional, timely and competent
- Assist Medical Director and Hospital Manager with
administration and review of client complaints as necessary.
- Oversee compliance with call back system including surgery
scheduling calls, reminder calls to clients, taking tech calls,
- Collaborate with management team to modify and update systems
and procedures wherever needed to better serve clients, patients,
the practice and employees, i.e., modify schedules for the most
productive use of time.
- Ensure that the OSHA and Safety program, procedures and reports
are being continuously monitored, and updated to keep the hospital
is in safety compliance and ensure the Safety Committee has regular
meetings and participate in those meetings.
- Oversee that records are kept up to date. This includes client
records with charges, medical history, vaccine status, medications
administered, laboratory reports, etc.
- Ensure that the all hospital logs are being kept up to date and
accurate including anesthesia /surgery, radiology and controlled
- Ensure that system of authorization forms for boarding,
grooming, surgery, laboratory, x-ray, euthanasia, etc., callbacks,
client cards and filing is in place and all technicians are in
- Assist Manager in monitoring the cost of purchasing so the
practice operates within budget.
- Assist the manager/assistant manager in monitoring technical
staff scheduling so the practice operates within budget.
- Assist in reviewing charges on a daily basis to ensure that all
charges have been captured.
- Ensure that marketing events are effective - internal and
- Understand, participate and support planned marketing events
- Ensure that the hospital staff utilizes the VCA marketing tools
and materials, including Care Club.
- Ensure that the hospital staff follows instructions for
implementing authorized marketing discounts in the computer
- Oversee the maintenance and housekeeping of the hospital for
cleanliness and organization of both the inside and outside of the
- Monitor janitorial responsibilities.
- Participate in management meetings
- Attend regional meetings
- Organize monthly staff meetings in conjunction with hospital
management team and VCA guidelines.
- Read and respond to all communication in a timely manner.
- Ensure the VCA policies, guidelines and recommendations are
quickly communicated to hospital staff and adequate training
Keywords: VCA Antech, Inc., Salinas , RVT Tech Supervisor, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!