Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Clerk
Company: Mee Memorial Hospital
Location: King City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Performs patient care activities and related non-professional
services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of
patients; assists in maintenance of safe and clean environment.
He/she will individualize patient care based upon the age
appropriate and developmental needs. Should be able to demonstrate
the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the age of the patients served on his/her unit
- Assists in preparation of nursing unit, patients' rooms and
- Prepares nursing unit to receive patients using established
- Checks patient room to ensure that all supplies and equipment
required for admission are present.
- Assists in and may accompany patient in the admission, transfer
and discharge procedure.
- Assists patients in the admission, transfer and discharge
procedure as assigned following established department
- Uses proper techniques of body mechanics to protect patient and
- Provides for patient's safety by using appropriate preventative
safety measures, i.e., side rails, restraints, patient
- Performs and documents patient admission and discharge data
correctly and accurately as assigned.
- Provides direct personal care, general nursing care and routine
treatment for a group of patients.
- Demonstrates competence in providing morning, evening and
general care according to established department procedures.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient's comfort and safety when
performing any personal care activities.
- Demonstrates competence in performing treatment procedures such
as enemas, application of heat/cold, sitz baths and skin care.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient safety, comfort and privacy
when performing any treatment.
- Records/reports to RN on duty any treatment results,
observations, patient complaints, variations from normal and other
pertinent information regarding the condition of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform general nursing care for
patients following established procedures, i.e. positioning
patients, lifting and turning patients, applying and utilizing
special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood
pressure, height, weight, intake/output and other measurements as
applicable in an accurate and precise manner.
- Records pertinent patient care activity information on
appropriate flow sheets in an accurate/timely manner; signs name to
- Distributes water and other nourishments according to patient
- Demonstrates competence in performing various patient care
activities for the patient in isolation according to Infection
Control policies. Uses Standard Precautions.
- Demonstrates competence in prescribed hand-washing and aseptic
- Answers any patient call light. Personally assists patient with
requests or reports request to appropriate personnel.
- Anticipates needs of patients and checks on assigned patients
in a consistent manner (at least once and hour)
- Demonstrates a cooperative and positive attitude when assisting
- Ensures that patient call light is within patient's reach and
available for use.
- Assists with the disposition of patient's clothing and
personnel property, i.e., prosthetic
- Devices, glasses, etc., secures items in accordance with
established department policy.
- Records all required information on appropriate form and
provides for safe care of patients valuables.
- Assists licensed staff in complicated treatment
- Assists licensed staff in performing complicated treatment
procedures as requested that are within scope of
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and to perform
specific duties under the supervision of licensed staff.
- May participate in supportive activities in a code procedure as
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant certificate - required
- Current AHA BLS certificate - required
- Must be able to sit and stand/walk for 4 hours or more per
- Must be able to bend, push/pull and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to work with others and to perform a variety of
- May deal with patients of all ages to include;
children/pediatrics, adolescents, adults and
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: Mee Memorial Hospital, Salinas , Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Clerk, Other , King City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!