Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: June 7, 2021
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL
Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance
Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has
hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and
numerous other tournaments.
The Assistant Superintendent for Pebble Beach Company will be
responsible for managing all aspects of Golf Course Maintenance
operations. You will direct and participate in the maintenance and
construction of golf courses under the supervision of the
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and supervising maintenance of
putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers and associated
- Tours golf course to ensure that work is assigned and in
- Must have strong attention to detail traits.
- Assures compliance of safety procedures by golf course
personnel with county, EPA and OSHA standards.
- Calculates, calibrates, and applies chemicals and
- Supervises training, disciplinary actions, and other personnel
activities of golf course personnel.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
staff, and other departments.
- Ability to implement nightly irrigation schedules.
- Instructs equipment operators in the safe, efficient operation
and care of mowing and other equipment.
- Maintains adequate supply of materials and resources needed for
daily operation (i.e. sand, rain suits, and protective gear).
- Reviews record-keeping of employees time cards to assure
- Supervises repair and maintenance of all mechanical and
motorized equipment for golf courses.
- Works with head mechanic to ensure that equipment is ready for
- Knows, models and integrates Pebble Beach Company culture
(Mission, Values and Standards).
Absolutely Required Skills:
- Four year or two-year turf degree in agronomy or related
- Supervision of department employees, requiring the ability to
coach, lead, discipline, and train.
- A thorough knowledge of the different methods and materials
used in golf course, grounds and landscape area or
- Ability to follow oral and written directions with a consistent
track record of successful reviews.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate and train maintenance personnel in
proper use of equipment and its care.
- Ability to obtain a California QAC (Qualified Applicator
Certificate) within 6 months of employment.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with irrigation scheduling.
- Ability to work in natural elements, outdoors at all
- Ability to organize work performed by maintenance crew.
- Thorough knowledge of watering practices and irrigation.
- Knowledge of wells, pumps, and automatic irrigation control
- A proficient working knowledge of and ability to use hand and
power tools and equipment.
- Consistent ability to operate trucks and light motorized
equipment under the supervision of a supervisor.
- Physical strength, stamina and agility.
- Good working knowledge of various golf course equipment
necessary in daily work assignments.
- Able to operate tractor, back-hoe, utility cart, and other
- Valid California drivers license with 2 points or less.
- A minimum of two years experience in agronomy, horticulture,
plant and soil sciences desired.
Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to bend,
stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. Regularly lift and/or
move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40
Why work for us:
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state-of-the-art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Assistant Superintendent, Other , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!