Sheriff's Deputy Lateral/Academy Grad
Company: County of San Benito
Posted on: June 8, 2021
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE CLOSED AT ANY TIME.
This position is scheduled to receive a $1,000 bonus on July 30,
Please: Lateral/Academy Graduates only
Under general supervision, to perform law enforcement and crime
prevention work; to patrol assigned area and enforce state and
local laws; to conduct investigations of misdemeanor and felony
crimes; and to do related work as required. Examples of Duties /
Knowledge & Skills
- Patrols assigned areas and answers calls for protection or life
- Conducts preliminary investigations, interrogates witnesses,
gathers evidence and takes statements in connection with suspected
- Substantiates finding of fact in court
- Serves warrants, civil documents and makes arrests
- Conducts Coroner's investigations and prepares reports
- Investigates accidents
- Assists and cooperates with other law enforcement agencies in
investigations and arrests
- Maintains departmental files and records
- Keeps firearms and other equipment in good working
- Prepares detailed reports of all activities
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Must have successfully completed, or successfully complete
during the probationary period, a Basic Academy certified by the
California Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission.
- Principles and practices of law enforcement.
- Laws of arrest and rules of evidence.
- Laws applicable to the apprehension and treatment of
- Care and operation of small firearms and other law enforcement
- First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrate keen powers of observation and memory.
- Secure information from witnesses and suspects.
- Make independent decisions while working in the field.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of
- Interpret, explain and apply laws and regulations.
- Write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Use and care for firearms and other law enforcement
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
fellow employees and the general public.
- Meet and maintain standards of physical endurance and
In accordance with California Government Code section 3100, et.,
seq., all County of San Benito employees are considered disaster
service workers who may be required to report for duty, or remain
on duty to address disaster service activities in the event of an
emergency or disaster and are required to undertake an applicable
Keywords: County of San Benito, Salinas , Sheriff's Deputy Lateral/Academy Grad, Other , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!