ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for
our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and
compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an
industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory
services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep
better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
The Territory Manager will provide excellent customer service to
both internal and external customers. Most importantly, this
position provides above and beyond communication with our
patients/customers so that they feel heard, understood, valued and
more connected with Apria. Key responsibilities for creating a
positive, customer/patient-centric environment include:
- Build customer loyalty and retention.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering
timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends
and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement
- Proactively create a better customer/patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs
that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and
create a positive culture.
This position is responsible for selling all Apria products and
services in the assigned sales territory. The Territory Manager
works closely with branch staff to focus efforts on increasing
sales. This position collects documents required for billing based
on Apria policy. This position is also responsible for meeting both
revenue and profitability goals for their assigned sales territory.
The Territory Manager works with the General Manager to develop and
execute specific strategies to achieve these sales, customer
satisfaction and profitability goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts daily sales calls to establish new and maintain
ongoing business with referral sources in the medical
- Validates and develops territory call plans to qualify new and
maintain existing accounts to grow the business.
- Enters call plan and logs calls along with the decisions and
outcomes into the "Sales Management System" (SMS).
- Uses Apria reports and data such as target ratings to identify
referral targets and helps in validating as well as updating of
- Partners with the Market Leader to review sales territory call
plan to achieve strategic goals.
- Educates referral sources on the use and application of Apria
products and services.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by
resolving and following up on customer concerns.
- Partners with branch management and staff as well as other
functional areas within the company to drive sales growth.
- Communicates and explains Medicare guidelines around private
insurance procedures, pricing information, and product information
to referral sources.
- Maintains accurate records on prospective and active accounts
ensuring information is sent to reimbursement offices for billing
- Ensures billing documentation is complete and accurate.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- College degree or previous relevant job experience
- Previous experience in selling "service" or "commodity
products" with demonstrated success.
- External sales experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient
and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand
the customer's/patients' objectives, then tie all your activities
directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively
senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having
you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly,
concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and
inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent
with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and
well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to
be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and
building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your
influence on the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto
insurance per Apria policy.
- May be required to drive personal vehicle.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project,
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong
ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or
standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening,
close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It
also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing,
kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking,
bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position
also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical
requirements, and work environment described above are
representative of those typically required for this position but
may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific
locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical
requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that
function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to
providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet