Manager of Accounting
Company: Mee Memorial Hospital
Location: King City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Manages staff and functions of the Accounting, AP
and Payroll departments. Manages the monthly financial close
processes including account analysis for all revenues, expenses,
and balance sheet accounts. Assists with preparation for and
management of processes for the hospital's annual budget and all
audits. Develops and enforces internal controls. Uses hospital
computer systems properly and maintains accurate and organized
files in Accounting, AP, and Payroll. Provides excellent customer
service to all employees, vendors, associates, and affiliates at
all times. Performs other duties as assigned.
PERFORMANCE DIMENSIONS AND TASKS
Quality of Work
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees, vendors,
associates, and affiliates at all times.
- Provides accurate information as needed and authorized.
- Responds timely to requests received in person, on voicemail,
on email, via fax, interoffice mail, post mail, or phone.
- Maintains a professional, confident, and friendly
- Stays organized and gives the appearance of being
- Manages staff and functions of the Accounting, AP and Payroll
- Oversees all vendor payment processes - i.e. ACH and
- Assists AP and Payroll staff in managing relationships with
- Oversees, assists, trains, hires, leads, and develops all
Accounting, AP, and Payroll staff.
- Ensures that bi-weekly payroll, payroll deductions, and payroll
taxes are paid on time and in full.
- Ensures that the Accounting, AP, and Payroll departments'
performance is equal to or greater than expectations.
- Manages the monthly financial close processes including account
analysis for all revenues, expenses, and balance sheet
- Uses organized, consistent, and GAAP-compliant methods to
complete the month-end close.
- Ensures that all deadlines related to month-end work, including
financial statement preparation, are met consistently.
- Reviews revenues, expenses, and balance sheet accounts at a
detailed level to ensure integrity in the monthly financials.
- Uses the Accounting, AP, and Payroll staff to complete
month-end, and oversees/approves all of their work.
- Assists with preparation for and management of processes for
the hospital's annual budget and all audits.
- Takes responsibility for all incoming requests for information
regarding various audits.
- Completes audit requests in a timely, complete, and organized
- Uses previous work experience to anticipate audit requests and
questions in order to prepare for them.
- Assists with managing budget processes as needed.
- Develops and enforces internal controls as needed.
- Works with the CFO and others to identify weaknesses in the
- Develops safeguards from theft in all areas of risk, including
cash, AP, Payroll, etc.
- Oversees and systematically, or randomly as appropriate, tests
all internal controls to ensure their integrity.
- Uses hospital computer systems properly and maintains accurate
and organized files in Accounting, AP, and Payroll.
- Learns and uses all relevant functions of the hospital computer
- Ensures that paper and electronic files are organized and give
the appearance of being organized to others.
Relationships with Others
- Consistently demonstrates willingness to assist co-workers in
the completion of daily tasks or special projects to support the
- Consistently provides timely and accurate information to
Hospital managers regarding financial conditions/activity and
- Responds to the CFO's request for information in a timely and
- Consistently responds to requests from the auditors for
financial statements, reports, procedures manuals and related
information in a timely and courteous manner.
- Inspires confidence from co-workers, superiors and Hospital
managers by performing and communicating in a highly professional
manner at all times.
- Consistently provides cooperation and assistance to data
processing personnel, as requested, in the preparation of financial
- Demonstrates a commitment to the maintenance of positive and
effective working relationships with other Hospital
- Maintains respect for confidential information.
- Consistently addresses patients, visitors and co-workers in a
pleasant and respectful manner; displays courtesy at all
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communications skills;
documents and reports clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively with all levels of
staff; enjoys working and interacting with people.
- Works well with supervisors and those in positions of
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent field from an
accredited institution - Required.
2 years full-time experience in an accounting, finance, or
related role - Required.
- Experience in a healthcare environment - Highly Desired.
2 years full-time in a finance department supervisory role over
multiple employees - Required.
- Experience in a healthcare environment - Highly Desired.
California-based healthcare accounting experience - Highly
Kronos and Multiview or any other accounting program.
Strong PC, analytical, and people skills are required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Must be able to sit, working on a computer for 6 hours or more
and stand/walk for 2 hours or more per day. Must be able to lift
and push between 10 and 50 pounds and work in an office environment
with customary office machines.
Willing to perform repetitive tasks. Ability to work with others
and to perform a variety of assigned duties. Must be able to
regularly balance multiple priorities and successfully deal with a
variety of customers and workplace situations.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: Mee Memorial Hospital, Salinas , Manager of Accounting, Other , King City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!