Technical Support Manager
Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Location: Pebble Beach
Posted on: June 9, 2021
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates five renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay, The Hay, and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility, and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL
Technologies, Pebble Beach Food & Wine, and PURE Insurance
Championship Impacting The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has
hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and
numerous other tournaments.
Manage the IT Technical Support team to deliver World Class
Service for the Pebble Beach Company. The Technical Support team is
responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade, and
support of all company laptops, desktop computers, mobile devices,
printers, POS and related equipment/software. This team also
supports all aspects of Resort Operations including our luxury
properties, unparalleled golf courses, fine dining and retail
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set standards, excel and deliver World Class Service. Be an
advocate for the employees, guests, and visitors.
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and make administrative
decisions based upon knowledge of the companys organization,
policies and values.
- Lead the Technical Support team. Assist with technical problem
solving as escalated by the team.
- Partner with Infrastructure and Business Applications teams to
- Supervise to completion all IT Requests assigned to Tech
Support team including analyzing, prioritizing, and delegating
- Regularly exercise independent judgment and make decisions
based upon knowledge of the companys organization, policies and
- Take ownership to ensure completion all IT requests regardless
if escalated to another team member on the Technology team.
Analyze, prioritize, delegate and assign incoming requests.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and submit updated weekly status
reports on projects as assigned.
- Lead help desk support including ticketing system to achieve
service level agreements. Monitor customer surveys to ensure SLA.
Regularly report out statistics and use ITIL practices to
- Develop, document and maintain an inventory of all PCs,
printers and related equipment. Ensure smooth remote group
check-ins and equipment deployments for all Pebble Beach Company
- Provide input to recommendations of other Technology software
and hardware. Have a passion for technology solutions.
- Coach and mentor the technical support team in its use of
technology. Be proficient in technology enough to make good
investments and tradeoffs.
- Diagnose and correct software problems, including user errors,
configurations errors, and bugs.
- Complete projects according to timeline and within budget.
- Manage the distribution and installation of new
software/updates for all company PCs and related systems in tandem
with the rest of the technology team.
- Research, analyze and recommend new hardware/software
configurations for desktop PCs. Manage and recommend budget for
- Provide 24x7 support service as dictated by department
- Comply with all Pebble Beach Company safety and health policies
- Stay current with technology, PC hardware and software
- Work collaboratively with applications and infrastructure teams
to help deliver operational efficiency to the resort.
- College degree in technology related field is required.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- At least 5 years of PC software and hardware maintenance.
- Prefer 2 years of management experience leading technical
support and/or teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven record of deductive
- Technical acumen and knowledge of computers, software,
hardware, devices and technology.
- History of successful project management and
- Self-motivated, independent learner and team player.
- Have a helpful and a can-do attitude.
- Use creativity to figure out how to improve peoples work by
Why work for us:
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state of the art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Technical Support Manager, Other , Pebble Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!