GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM
The Big Sur Lodge, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring Prep
Cooks as we prepare to reopen our food and beverage operations this
spring. Previous food service experience is a plus and candidates
must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include nights,
weekends, and holidays.
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur
State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers,
artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the
peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and
soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called "mini-Yosemite"
for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California
Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain
range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from
the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known
for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates.
We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our
guests and team members alike!
This position pays $14-15/hour. We have both Seasonal and
Regular opportunities available!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team
members/a generous commuting stipend for local team members
Employer provided meals
Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
Complimentary camping opportunities
Health insurance options
401K savings plan
Paid time off
Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities
- Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the
property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a
vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking
1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most
scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping
the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the
simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus
and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in
sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning
- Loading and unloading of inventory from trucks.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to
assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and
communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator
walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran