Associate Project Designer
Company: RP Construction Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
RP Construction Services, Inc. (RPCS) is a rapidly growing Solar
Mechanical Installation company, based in Monterey, CA. We have
successfully completed over 700 solar projects in more than 36
states and are poised for tremendous growth. RPCS employs a team of
more than 200 individuals working on active jobsites, multiple
warehouse locations, Monterey HQ, and remote offices throughout the
United States. Our rapid growth is creating a highly visible need
to expand our internal design team. RPCS has a unique focus on the
product-sales, engineering, design, and construction of Utility and
Distributed Generation solar projects. We are actively seeking a
creative and energetic individual to join our Design Team as an
entry level Project Designer. Our ideal candidate must be
solutions-driven with a team orientated mindset. They need to be
motivated by successfully completing tasks and meeting project
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Review project plans and proposals, and work with sales team to
develop project design objectives.
- Study product designs, customer requirements, and performance
standards to determine project specifications.
- Review contractor information relating to design criteria,
topography, site dimensions, etc.
- Assist in coordinating the design and technical aspects of the
project through project coordination meetings and other forms of
- Maintain accurate record of all elements of the project via an
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC
policies, performance standards, and specifications presented by
- Interact daily with team members to assist clients on
identifying their needs and requirements.
- Generate and track all change requests as it relates to
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with department staff
and other project participants to ensure project success.
- Create visual representations of project concepts/layouts to
assist sales team.
- Predict likely structural requirement scenarios based on
project details and product manufacturer tolerances for customer
- Create tools/methods/programs that allow your work to be done
- Bachelors Degree - Preferably in Civil or Mechanical
- Ability to interpret drawings, requests, specifications, etc.
and turn them into project designs.
- Organization and effective time-management skills
- Familiarity with CAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and/or
ArcGIS is preferred.
- Ability to grasp the project cycle relating to construction,
sales, inventory, and design.
- Comfortable using basic geometry and algebraic formulas to
effectively convey information to coworkers.
- Highly focused and able to provide accurate and precise
- Strong ability to prioritize fluctuating workloads during
- Works well in a group environment as well as
- Self-motivated and seeks out opportunities for learning new
things, while not neglecting current responsibilities.
- Exudes confidence in their communication and ability to
perform, but humble when requiring assistance or learning/coaching
Keywords: RP Construction Services, Salinas , Associate Project Designer, Other , Monterey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!