Greenkeeper 1 (Full Time)
Company: Pebble Beach Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
For over a century, friends and family, celebrities and
athletes, world travelers and locals alike, have all flocked to
Pebble Beach Resorts. This stunning slice of Californias Monterey
Peninsula is a wondrous place that we are proud to share. Pebble
Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, California, owns and
operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts, including The Lodge
at Pebble Beach, The Inn at Spanish Bay and Casa Palmero at Pebble
Beach. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble
Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill Golf Course, The Links at Spanish
Bay and Del Monte Golf Course.
Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive, The Spa
at Pebble Beach, Pebble Beach Golf Academy & Practice Facility and
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events
such as the Pebble Beach Concours dElegance, AT&T Pebble Beach
Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by DELL EMC,
Pebble Beach Food & Wine and PURE Insurance Championship Impacting
The First Tee. Pebble Beach Golf Links has hosted six U.S. Opens,
five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship and numerous other
Under the supervision of the golf course superintendent or
assistant superintendent, must perform routine manual labor
involved in golf course maintenance; do semi-skilled grounds
construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered
equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment.
Each greenkeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and
maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does
related work as required. Because PBC is open seven days a week,
you may be scheduled to work holidays and weekends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates mowers and string trimmers in mowing greens, aprons,
tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart
paths; edges, rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball
washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris;
sands and seeds tee and drop area divots; and cleans flower beds,
dune areas or forested sites.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a
daily basis; reports equipment problems or failure to the equipment
mechanic immediately, and/or management.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the
maintenance facility; and cleans the maintenance areas, wash pads
or related cleaning areas.
- Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new
greens, tees and fairways; grades and prepares soil base; lays sod;
and seeds tees, greens and fairways.
- Excavates and backfills ditches and trenches with hand
- Mows greens, tees, aprons, and approaches to greens, and other
- Rakes sand traps with power rakes.
- Repairs greens with seed or plugs of new grass when
- Operates utility vehicles on the course and on the road.
- May be asked to operate mowers, dump trucks or other light
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Valid drivers license with 2 points or less.
- Familiarity with golf terminology
Why work for us:
- We encourage YOU to be our guest. When you work for Pebble
Beach Company, we encourage you to experience what our guests
experience at a 30% discount in all our amazing restaurants, retail
- Enjoy world-class health and wellness benefits after the 90th
day of employment. Comprehensive health and life insurance allow
you peace of mind. Our state of the art Health and Wellness Center
provides employees with unlimited access to a physician and medical
team to tend to you and your familys health needs free of
- Golf on the greatest courses. Even if you dont golf, youll
quickly become the most popular member of the family and your
circle of friends with our amazing employee golf benefits.
- Grow your career with Pebble Beach University. We understand
the need and desire to continually grow and develop, and we provide
opportunities for ongoing learning through our Pebble Beach
University training programs.
- Lunch is on us. Enjoy a meal in our Employee Dining Room for
every shift you work.
COVID UPDATE: All employees agree the health and safety of our
team and guests is our number one priority. All employees will be
required to submit to a temperature test and health survey process
daily, prior to the beginning of their shifts. Employees agree to
complete a comprehensive training program that outlines new
standards on COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols before the
beginning of the employees first scheduled shift. Employees must
commit to wearing their required departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) during their shifts and to adhere to social
distancing protocols, as well as all PBC health and sanitation
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
Keywords: Pebble Beach Resorts, Salinas , Greenkeeper 1 (Full Time), Other , Monterey, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!