Scientist III Quality Control
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Description:OVERVIEWThe Scientist 3 reports to the QC Lab
Manager and is expected to be fully versed in all assays related to
incoming raw material and finished good testing. The individual
will provide input and guidance on troubleshooting and
interpretation of generated data with minimal supervision.DUTIES &
- Provides mentorship and training to other Quality Control
Scientists; takes the lead and directs team in the absence of
supervisor / manager
- Ensures timely testing and release of raw materials,
subcomponents, and finished goods
- Takes the lead on projects that require research and
- Performs duties that require specialized training
- Advises personnel, conducts lab investigations related to
non-conformances (NCs) or customer care issues, troubleshoots,
notifies designee and assists with related reporting
- Supports testing of all assays related to raw materials and
finished goods, including training new employees and filling in
when colleagues are out.
- Conducts performance assays (growth promotion, DNA
concentration, protein expression), which may involve some strain
- Performs in-depth testing for investigative purposes resulting
from both internal and external concerns (product development and
customer cares) including written reports.
- Demonstrates proficiency with technical instrumentation,
including but not limited to High Performance Liquid
Chromatography, Total Organic Carbon, Fourier Transform Infrared
Spectrophotometer, and Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
- Coordinates PM scheduling for pertinent instrumentation and
- Assists with Quality Control related measurements (finished
goods) including pH, conductivity, osmolality, density, minimum
inhibitory concentration assay, broth assays.
- Performs validations for new/existing equipment and internal
methods utilized in production. Completes written assessment of
findings developed during validations.
- Troubleshoots out of specification results related to equipment
or methods quickly and independently.
- Participates in cross training of lab personnel on any relevant
techniques necessary to complete testing requirements.
- Aides in internal investigations and customer care issues to
solve root cause analysis of problems found inside or outside of
- Records results accurately and meticulously.
- Investigates and performs analytical assays as needed based on
USP monographs and current scientific literature..
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or
related field preferredKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 years experience post-graduation in manufacturing / quality
control or extensive lab work experience in a university
- DNA and plasma purification experience a plus. Strong
analytical chemistry skills (particularly related to
instrumentation) a plus.
- Be familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) related raw
materials and testing requirements for such analytes. Ensure GMP
methods are established prior to arrival of new raw materials
(including necessary reagents and equipment).
- Ability to organize and handle multiple projects
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Aseptic technique
- Strong math skills
- Must be able to lift / push / pull up to 40 pounds
- Must be willing to work a 4/10 schedule (Sunday-Wednesday or
Keywords: TEKNOVA, Salinas , Scientist III Quality Control, Other , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!