Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist / CDCES
Company: Cypress Health Partners
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Responsible for providing individualized diabetes self-management
education/training to individuals and groups according to the Scope
of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional
performance for Diabetes Educators (AADC, 2009).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES Includes but not limited to
* Collects DSMES program participant assessment data in a
collaborative and ongoing manner.
* Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives
and a plan for educational content and teaching methods with DSMES
* Provides educational interventions that utilize primarily
interactive, collaborative, skill-based training methods and
maximizes the use of interactive training methods.
* Collaboratively develops an individualized follow-up plan with
each program participant.
* Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by
measuring attainment of learning objectives.
* Conducts a follow-up assessment upon completion of DSMES program
services, using outcome measures
* Documents assessment data, educational plan, educational services
provided and evaluation results in each participant's educational
* Utilizes a team approach to provide services and collaborates and
communicates with team members when needed.
* Identifies when a program participant's needs are outside the
scope of the instructor's practice and expertise, plus arranges for
additional services to meet needs.
* Participates in the development of training materials.
* Contributes to, and participates in, a continuous quality
improvement process to measure DSMES program and to identify and
address opportunities for improvement.
* Appraises his/her performance to identify areas of strength and
areas for improvement and to develop a plan for improvement and
* Participates in peer review process to evaluate performance of
other professional instructional staff.
CREDENTIALS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on
Dietetic Registration of the American Academy of Nutrition and
Dietetics or Registered Nurse with active registration by the
California Board of Registered Nursing; certification and/or
licensure as required by the state of practice.
* Must have an Associates or bachelor degree in a related field and
experience in managing chronic illness, particularly diabetes.
Master's degree preferred.
* Current certification as a Certified Diabetes Care and Education
Specials (CDCES) or eligible to become a CDCES within two years, is
required. Once eligible, must take and pass the CDCES exam within 6
* Minimum of 6 months experience (preferably more) providing
diabetes education in both a group and 1:1 setting.
* If not currently a CDCES, must maintain 15 diabetes-related
contact hours per year until credentialed as a CDCES as approved by
Bilingual in Spanish
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Due to the state mandate for Healthcare Workers, we will require
you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a
valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Keywords: Cypress Health Partners, Salinas , Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist / CDCES, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!