Bilingual Clinician: Therapeutic Behavioral Services
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: July 20, 2018
OverviewA Bilingual (Spanish/English) TBS Clinician (ASW/AMFT) in the Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) program provides short-term and intensive behaviorally-focused services for youth ages 3-21 who are engaging in behaviors that place them at risk of a higher level of care. Through time-limited, one-to-one behavioral interventions, TBS provides the child with skills to effectively manage the behaviors that are jeopardizing his/her placement in the lowest appropriate level of care. TBS sessions are scheduled in accordance with the child and family's needs, with interventions developed based on the family's specific skills, values, and strengths to promote sustainable change. As the youth reaches the initial TBS behavioral goal, a transition plan is set in place to ensure sustainability of the treatment progress, and a graduation celebration is organized to acknowledge the achievements of the youth and family.
Seneca is committed to hiring and maintaining a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse workforce that is reflective of the local client or student community.Responsibilities
- Provide counseling, therapy, and case management services to ensure the successful transition of clients and their families to community based resources.
- Provide time limited behaviorally focused mental health support services to clients and their families, which includes behavior management techniques, up to and including physical restraint.
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary.
- Complete progress notes and other required paperwork, and complete service tracking documentation as indicated.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision as required.
- Assist with planning for transportation arrangements for school, therapy appointments, and court hearings.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling.
- Eligible to register with the BBS.
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities required.
- Own vehicle, valid California Driver's License and insurance.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprinting, and any other State/Federal requirements.
- Experience in working with children and their families in a variety of mental health settings, preferred.
- Experience providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions, preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a diverse population of clients.
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time, flexible schedule with the ability to work some evening/weekend hours as needed
- Some on-call responsibilities
- Competitive Salary
- Additional increase in salary for bilingual abilities in Spanish and English upon successful completion of the bilingual language proficiency exam.
- 5 weeks Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
- Training stipend and professional development opportunities
Employment opportunities are, and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes and abilities. It is the policy of Seneca Family of Agencies to grant equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, disability, Vietnam Era Veteran status, age, religion, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation. Seneca is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We welcome candidates that will promote and value diversity and exercise teamwork and collaboration.Apply
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Salinas, Bilingual Clinician: Therapeutic Behavioral Services, Other, Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!