Ag Operations Intern
Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: February 3, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Ag Operations Intern will help support the department by
coordinating and collecting production data to develop a bridge
from theoretical yields to actual yields on a field basis for
Broccoli and Cauliflower. The intern will also work closely with
the Internal Farm s thinning crew to capture data for optimum
timing of thinning lettuce and romaine to achieve the lowest cost
and highest quality scenario.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Work closely with Ag Management to help support the operation
with coordinating field data for broccoli and cauliflower
* Work closely with the Thinning Foreman and Transplant Supervisor
to track desired spacings and plant populations
* Develop field tracking notes for pre and post thinned fields as
well as transplanted crops.
* Report weekly summaries of findings in the field.
* Track dedicated fields for data collection from planting to
* Other duties as assigned
* 2020 summer internship.
* Paid internship.
* No housing assistance provided.
* Bi-lingual, Spanish/English is preferred
* Knowledge of General Farm Operations, Ag Science, Ag Business,
* Organizational Skills, Computer Skills, Communication Skills
* Valid California driver s license
* Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop,
climb stairs, climb on and off harvesting equipment, lift up to 25
* Ability to work in various weather conditions
* Ability to walk in uneven ground
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected
* Travel to and from the Salinas Dole Ag Operations office to
various field locations in the Salinas Valley in a Dole vehicle
* Periodic use of Dole vehicle; vehicle not permitted to be taken
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Fall 2020 rising Senior majoring in Ag Science, Crop Science, Ag
Business, Ag Engineering or related degree
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Salinas, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment
opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and
other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Salinas , Ag Operations Intern, Other , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!