Dispatcher in Salinas, CA
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: September 8, 2020
DISPATCHER IN SALINAS, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Monterey County (Salinas)
JOB TITLE: Dispatcher (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the
Dispatcher is responsible for receiving and dispatching emergency
and non-emergency calls to all field units staffed by Emergency
Medical Technicians, Paramedics and Critical Care Transport RNs
utilizing a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
DISPATCHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following (Other duties may be assigned):
* Utilizes sophisticated system status management computer system
which monitors, updates, and controls the location and movement of
* Receives incoming emergency and non-emergency calls and promptly
ascertains proper levels of response, allocates resources to match
dynamic system demands and input applicable information into the
* Dispatches and maintains radio communications ALS ambulance and
* Monitors and documents response times of units.
* Utilizes and maintains professional communications skills with
all employees and customers including patients, facilities and
public service agencies.
* Completes and submits daily status reports regarding unusual
incidents to the Communications Manager.
* Monitors system performance and communicates system demands to
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Assists in the collection of data for patient billing
* Responsible for Adhering to all company policies and
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving
the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with
information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of
every computer user to:
* Know and follow Information Systems security policies and
* Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
* Report information systems security problems
DISPATCHER SKILLS AND ABILITY TO:
* Learn to interpret and apply established rules and
* Learn the operations, care of sophisticated radio, telephone, and
computer communications equipment, including Computer Aided
Dispatch system (CAD).
* Remain calm, think clearly and reach quickly in emergency
* Communicate clearly, courteously, and complete directions,
information and keep records.
* Perform a variety of task simultaneously (multi-tasking)
* Provide excellent and courteous customer service, demonstrate a
caring and concerned attitude, and establish and maintain
* Successfully complete a comprehensive training program.
DISPATCHER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* MUST be available to work ALL all assigned shifts; which may
include weekends, holidays and overtime if required.
* Upon conditional offer of employment, all candidates must
* A comprehensive background investigation;
* Pre-employment medical examination;
* POST Test
* A Psychological evolution
DISPATCHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 18 years of age. Must type
35 wpm. Current CPR certification. Emergency Medical Dispatch
Certificate or previous dispatch, Paramedic or Emergency Medical
Technician certification and experience preferred. Knowledge of
Monterey County geography. Effective oral, written and
interpersonal communication skills. Color Vision: ability to
distinguish and identify different colors.
* Can have no emotional, mental, nervous, organic, or functional
disorder likely to interfere with managing stressful emergency
* Has visual acuity of at least 20/40 (Snellen) in each eye, with
corrective lenses and a field of vision in the horizontal meridian
not less than a total of 140 degrees. Ability to distinguish the
colors on the computer screen and maps.
* Hearing must be adequate in the better ear for conversational
tones without the use of hearing aids.
* The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds up to
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust forces.
* Due to the unpredictability of the essential job functions, it is
not always possible to guarantee break and/or meal period.
Therefore, there may be no physical condition that would prohibit
him/her from working twelve (12) hours without a meal or break
period (except for restroom breaks).
Occasionally: Complex reading and writing, memorization, high math
Frequently: Simple reading and writing, problem solving, judgment,
reasoning, decision making.
Constantly: Analyzing, perception/computation.
Occasionally: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
Frequently: Intense tasks.
Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
Frequently: Works alone, face-to-face contact with others.
Constantly: Works around others, verbal contact with others,
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Salinas , Dispatcher in Salinas, CA, Professions , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!