Supervisor, Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Requisition ID # 25746
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Salinas
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of
natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is
responsible for all aspects of PG&Es gas distribution and
transmission operations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency
Manages teams directly or indirectly involved in operations &
maintenance of the gas transmission and distribution system
including completing all unplanned, emergent work and all mandated
program work. Oversees personnel performing maintenance work,
short-cycle construction work, I&R activities and all mandated
- This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered
classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol
- DOT-Emergency Response Only
- Communicates business goals and objectives to the work group
and holds all accountable to same.
- Completes and maintains all work documentation and/or
- Develops the business knowledge and technical skills of all
field employees. Fosters teamwork within work group and across all
- Ensures all associated paperwork and work packages are
- Ensures compliance of: 1) leak grading and 2) L&M & Leak
Survey tools and equipment as required by the CPUC.
- Ensures mandated compliance dates and regulations are met
- Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met; ensures
clear, professional, proactive communication with customers.
- Ensures that work is executed safely including personal and
public safety metrics
- Ensures work is executed within scope, schedule and cost
- Facilitates weekly team meetings/tailboards and adjunct
training as needed.
- Fully implements and holds subordinates accountable for safety
best practices and adherence to the safety accountability model.
Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention
Program, working closely with area Safety Program
- Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements
work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate
and regulatory compliance.
- Leads root-cause investigations on all PG&E at-fault
dig-ins and/or reportable events.
- Manages a team a team of gas craft employees, ensuring
compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and alignment
with company values.
- Manages a team of union represented employees
- Manages emergency responses to all requests including equipment
maintenance, ensuring employees respond in a timely manner and
provide total quality service.
- Monitors compliance to standards and specifications, to achieve
high quality work the first time done. Develops action plans to
address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and
tracks the progress of those plans.
- Monitors the Gas Operator Qualification (OQ) Program and
ensures compliance. Maintains craft qualification records for
employees, such as welding and plastic fusion as required by
- Oversees both projects and 2nd party contracting within the
area of responsibility
- Reviews all department maintenance documents for accuracy and
completeness prior to filing for future reference or for audit
- Reviews leak investigation documents and leak survey maps for
accuracy and completeness.
- Serves customers by providing timely completion of gas
maintenance, gas construction, transmission & regulatory work, and
or gas damage control.
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED
- 5 Years of relevant experience. Relevant experience may include
exposure to utility, maintenance, construction, operations,
logistics or service planning work.
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Ability to travel using personal vehicle
- Ability to pass federally mandated random drug and alcohol
- Ability to work on-call rotation
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related
discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer service
- Leadership experience, job-related
- Experience in gas utility
- Leadership experience, non-represented employees
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Salinas , Supervisor, Gas Transmission and Distribution Pipeline Operations & Maintenance, Professions , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!