Company: Confidential Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
ABOUT US:We are a Quality Control Laboratory organized to
support the Cannabis Industry with a focus on executing the
mandated testing set forth by the Department of Cannabis Control
regulations.We work in a highly regulated industry that requires
close adherence to rules & regulations set forth by the state. We
are an equal opportunity employer who are dedicated to providing a
safe, professional, and productive work environment for our team
members.We are actively looking for a motivated and energetic
individual to join our team in Salinas CA to be a part of our
dynamic team with a ground floor opportunity to work within a
progressive lab in the Monterey and Santa Cruz area with a great
potential for future advancement. Given the fast-paced
cross-discipline environment of our lab, the Laboratory Analyst
will have a strong interest and background in science, can
communicate effectively, and supports the values of our
The next laboratory team member:The primary role of the Laboratory
Analyst will be to work along side our Lead Chemist and Laboratory
Director to perform chemical analysis for state mandated regulatory
testing. The individual will utilize laboratory derived standard
operating procedures and will employ various techniques that vary
from use of standard laboratory equipment to using advanced
instrumentation and methodology. The individual will be primarily
responsible for analysis on HPLC and GCMS with the opportunity for
training on various other laboratory instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of our validated methods such as: pesticides,
mycotoxins, residual solvents, cannabinoids, heavy metals and
terpenes per company SOPs.
- Maintain excellent organization & document the current
inventory of certified reference materials, reagents, consumables,
and other laboratory supplies applicable to the mass spec
- Maintain proper custodianship of instruments, including gases,
mobile phases, preventative maintenance, & spearhead service
requests from the manufacturer as needed.
- Authorship of technical reports, and compliance documents.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair instruments as needed.
- Interface with manufacturers to perform preventative
maintenance and performance qualification of instruments on a
- Interface with coworkers, including the Laboratory Director,
efficiently through app-based communication tools for efficient lab
processes (including chat, channel & message board features).
Installation of Microsoft Outlook on employee portable device
(phone or tablet) is required.
- Strive for excellence in quality systems documentation.
Maintain records with precision and accuracy.
- Demonstrate flexibility in a fast-paced environment prone to
change. Be a team player, strive for synergy and productivity in
the laboratory. Problem-solve with a positive attitude.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with variety of analytical techniques
- Experience working in a high-throughput commercial laboratory
- Expertise in chromatographic techniques including HPLC, LCMS
and GCMS. Preference given to candidates with direct experience
using Shimadzu hardware and software.
- Knowledge of Quality System Management including as related to
ISO 17025 and/or TNI 2009.
- Ability to maintain SOPs within a document control system.
- Ability to learn and implement new software, such as LIMS.
- Willingness to perform tasks outside of defined job description
to support the team.
- Ability to collaborate, problem solve, and strategize with team
- Ability & willingness to utilize modern app-based communication
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced laboratory
environment with multiple tasks at hand; weekend flexibility a
- Demonstrated excellence in working with groups comprised of
diverse backgrounds and communicating effectively in a
collaborative small team environment.Education and
- Must be 21 years old
- Completed 2 years of college or university education that
included coursework in biological, chemical, agricultural,
environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or
university, plus at least 3 years of full-time practical
experience. Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices,
techniques, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory
- Must be able to lift/move items up to 35lbs.
- Must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in USDA,
FDA, EPA, NELAC, or other regulatory frameworks.
Keywords: Confidential Company, Salinas , Laboratory Analyst, Professions , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!