Sales & Development Rep - Salinas / Hollister
Company: Core-Mark International, Inc.
Posted on: July 10, 2019
Discover the power of one and all at Core-Mark Come join the team
that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving
communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Job DetailsDescriptionJob Title: Sales Development Representative
-East BayReports To: Territory ManagerJOB DESCRIPTIONAs the Sales
Development Representative, you will be responsible for servicing,
developing and maintaining existing accounts; while also,
identifying, developing and managing new accounts/new business in
your territory's convenience retail industry. As a Sales
Development Rep you will interface directly with the convenience
store customer on a daily basis and build a profitable business
partnership and relationship. You will educate customers on
products and programs available through Core-Mark and facilitate
daily activity required to manage the convenience store business
between Wholesale and Retail. You are required to meet specific
goals for Sales and Profit assigned for your territory and
individual accounts. This includes the implementation and execution
of specific Growth Strategies, Marketing Programs, Strategic
Initiatives, and Company Standards. Working in tandem with the
Territory Manager, you are also required to help grow market share,
through new account solicitation. This position is fast-paced and
multi-faceted, requiring a broad skillset of sales, merchandising,
order replenishment, marketing, problem solving, time management,
and customer service. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and
merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or
assisting customer with online ordering.
- Provide retailers with Category Management information
regarding high potential new items, emerging trends and
merchandising methods designed and intended to grow retailer sales
and profits sustainably.
- Prospect and grow new sales through establishing new accounts
and increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Support Territory Managers sales strategies and key
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support
to Territory Manager and suppliers to promote Programs available
through Core-Mark, such as Food Service equipment installs,
Marketing Programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement
items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts,
including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books,
and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action
items and be able to handle tracking of action items until
- Comfortable reviewing and analyzing various basic sales and
profit reports designed to convey progress made in achieving sales
results and gross margin growth.
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive
activities, and store-level opportunities for incremental program
placement and related sales opportunities.
- Comfortable adapting to new handheld and application based
technology for processing and transmitting orders.
- Solicit information from assigned potential new accounts to
determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for
volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery, and
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a
- Make weekly sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on
sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive
information, and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program
features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price
- Utilize company data base to develop leads for the Territory
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a
positive light, with respect for internal and external
relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with
customers to grow sales and profits.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and
- Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives.
Ensures all monthly Smart Stock thresholds are achieved and that
necessary / required items are carried.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including all Safety
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail convenience/grocery
distribution, good geographical knowledge, and the ability to be
effective well working independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone, in person, and
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
including sound methods for follow up
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interact effectively with all levels of management and
- This person will be passionate, results oriented,
collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years sales, customer service, food service
and/or merchandising experience at the distribution or retail
level. In-store direct customer contact preferred.
- MUST live in the Salinas/Hollister Area
- Must be organized, able to demonstrate product & services
features and benefits.
- Comfortable with cold calling, able to build customer rapport,
and close the sale.
- Knowledge using Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and driver's license
record that indicates you are a cautious and safe driver.
Keywords: Core-Mark International, Inc., Salinas , Sales & Development Rep - Salinas / Hollister, Professions , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!