Ag Production Intern
Company: Dole Food Company
Posted on: February 3, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
The Ag Production intern will focus on cauliflower yield
improvements by providing support to the department by collecting
factual data to track and improve cauliflower yields. The intern
will develop and implement tracking tools to measure cauliflower
harvest and production performance to drive improvements with plant
populations, planting configurations, and harvest efficiency.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Work with Ag Operations team to understand planting schedule
* Develop data tracking tools to measure performance
* Work with Ag Production team to track daily harvest schedules
* Track plant populations, stand counts, and measure against actual
* Track dates to harvest, harvest timing, and how these affect
* Track varieties, and how their performance enhances quality and
* Other duties as assigned
* 2020 summer internship.
* Paid internship.
* No housing assistance provided.
* General understanding of harvest, planting and exposure to
* Valid California driver s license
* Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop,
climb stairs, climb on and off harvesting equipment, lift up to 25
* Ability to work in various weather conditions
* Ability to walk in uneven ground
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* 40-hour workweek, no overtime expected
* Travel to and from the Salinas Dole Ag Operations office to
various field locations in the Salinas Valley in a Dole vehicle
* Periodic use of Dole vehicle; vehicle not permitted to be taken
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Fall 2020 rising Senior majoring in Ag Science, Crop Science, Ag
Business, Ag Engineering or related degree
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Salinas, California, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment
opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and
other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: Dole Food Company, Salinas , Ag Production Intern, Professions , Salinas, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!