Vice President of Sales
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Description:OVERVIEWReporting to the CCO, the Vice President,
Sales will lead all customer facing commercial efforts across a
diverse portfolio of reagents for use in life science research,
molecular diagnostics, and cell and gene therapy bioprocessing.
Primary responsibilities will be leading and building the Account
Executive (Management) and Business Development teams to facilitate
top-line growth. This includes managing key customer relationships
and opportunities, as well as increasing adoption of Teknova's
products across all market segments. This leader will also
collaborate with the Director of Commercial Operations (internal
facing team) to ensure a complete positive customer experience, the
Product Management Team, and the Director of Product Development to
commercialize new products in cell and gene therapy bioprocessing.
This role is field-based with the expectation that it includes
customer-facing travel when necessary and travel into the home
office to ensure strong working relationships and alignment with
colleagues (and attendance at key leadership meetings).DUTIES AND
- Lead all customer-facing commercial activities for Teknova.
Responsible for delivering near-term revenue and developing a
substantial funnel for long-term, sustained growth.
- Direct Reporting into Role:
- Business Development Team
- Account Executive Team
- Sales Development Team
- Sales Enablement (Individual Contributor)
- Indirect Reporting into Role:
- Scientific Affairs Team (Reports to CSO)
- Key Relationships (Same Reporting Line):
- Commercial Operations Team
- Product Management Team
- Product Development Team
- Key Cross-Functional Relationships
- Marketing Team (Downstream)
- R&D Team
- Operations Team
- Engineering Team
- Lead the team of account executives, which includes customer
support to exceed customer expectations and develop lasting
relationships with customers.
- Implement a robust and tailored Funnel Management process,
operating mechanisms, and metrics.
- Increase brand awareness in the bioprocessing market segments,
with a particular focus on cell and gene therapy.
- Work with the Downstream Marketing Team to generate influential
sales and marketing campaigns targeted at specific market segments
to increase Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL's) and Sales Qualified
- Lead the Business Development team to increase, manage, and
close larger opportunities
- Within the Business Development team, implement mechanisms
intended to own and further the Commercial Strategy (strategic
product plans that drive increased market size and share).
- Lead the Sales Development Team (Inside Sales and SQL's) to
ensure clarity of operating mechanisms, customer responsiveness,
improvement in Funnel Health.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally, ensuring the
entire organization understands and always adapts to customer
- Enable proactive communication with stakeholders & team members
on risks, mitigation plans, and any expected delays or issues.
Facilitate cross-site, cross- functional interactions and provide
support between functions.
- Establish key metrics to measure marketing and sales
- Responsible for providing predictable revenue forecast for the
business by working with sales, marketing, and operations..
- B.S. in science or engineering-related field. MBA or master's
degree preferredKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 15 years of overall management experience, with 10
years leading a Sales Organization
- Exceptional leader with background experience in marketing,
commercial tools, sales, and customer support
- 10+ years of experience in commercial leadership roles.
- Track record of achieving results and proven ability to clearly
identify and communicate a cogent vision; effectively manage
through ambiguity and uncertainty, take appropriate risks and make
sound and timely decisions.
- Effective developer of talent, with an appetite for leading by
example when needed.
- Experience working in large corporations and start-up
- Significant experience with building or transforming
- Quantitative in nature with demonstrated ability to evaluate
effectiveness of sales and marketing tactics.
- Excellent communication, executive presentation, and leadership
skills with a collaborative approach to problem solving.
Keywords: TEKNOVA, Salinas , Vice President of Sales, Sales , Hollister, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!